Droid GPS

thedudejf

Reaction score
Hi,

This may be a dumb question or answered already (yes, i searched and couldnt find anything) but is there a way to change the voice for the navigation system?

Thank you in advance!

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Hi,

This may be a dumb question or answered already (yes, i searched and couldnt find anything) but is there a way to change the voice for the navigation system?

Thank you in advance!

I don't believe so...at least not yet. I'm sure some curious soul may figure a way to do this in the future.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
It's a safe bet that Google itself will have a hundred or so downloadable voices within the next few months. It's just a natural evolution of the product. I would predict that as of the end of 2010 there will be no feature on the paid nav products (Garmin, Tom-Tom) that is unavailable for free on Google Maps Navigation.

bots

Reaction score
Phone settings...Text-to-speech settings...language...You can change from american english to american british, it sounds a lot better imho. French sounds cool too, if I could just understand it. Also you can change the speech rate which is kinda fun. Like the previous post said, there will prbably be some custom voices in the months to come.