Navigation Direction of travel

stevo95

Reaction score
Couldn't find the answer after a search but I am guessing this question has been asked before:

I was driving yesterday and somehow navigation started pointing North rather than in the direction I was driving. I couldnt find any options to change it back to point in the direction I was traveling.

Is there an option to change this and if so, how do I access this option?

Thank you.

ajGoes

Reaction score
Steve,

It's well hidden. You tap the little compass arrow to toggle between North Up and Direction of Travel Up modes.

The technical term for this kind of user interface issue is "discoverability," as in "how hard is it for the user to discover a feature?" I find that Google is not generally very good at it. Given that fact, I try to remember to tap the screen randomly in hopes of provoking a response.

Andy

Couldn't find the answer after a search but I am guessing this question has been asked before:

I was driving yesterday and somehow navigation started pointing North rather than in the direction I was driving. I couldnt find any options to change it back to point in the direction I was traveling.

Is there an option to change this and if so, how do I access this option?

Thank you.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
Steve,

It's well hidden. You tap the little compass arrow to toggle between North Up and Direction of Travel Up modes.

The technical term for this kind of user interface issue is "discoverability," as in "how hard is it for the user to discover a feature?" I find that Google is not generally very good at it. Given that fact, I try to remember to tap the screen randomly in hopes of provoking a response.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Yoy know, I tried that when I was driving and it did not work but it works now. Perhaps something to do with leaning forward and trying to precisely tough the arrow while driving at 80mph and trying not to crash :)