Droid going "end of life" at Best Buy...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
End of Life simply means a Retailer won't be selling the product anymore and offering support or they are not going to be caring a HIGH inventory.

"at risk items" are a way that retailers tag things for inventory purposes. It has to do with them keeping very low inventory so it doesn't become a high shortage inventory item.

So since it will be on the "At risk" list it simply means they are not going to be carrying a lot in their inventory.

Last edited:

joker402

Reaction score
End of Life simply means a Retailer won't be selling the product anymore and offering support or they are not going to be caring a HIGH inventory.

"at risk items" are a way that retailers tag things for inventory purposes. It has to do with them keeping very low inventory so it doesn't become a high shortage inventory item.

So since it will be on the "At risk" list it simply means they are not going to be carrying a lot in their inventory.
yep what he said

I know here the walmart across the street had Env 3s with the old software and we had to help the customers that went there to save a few bucks. Reason they had the older software was because they bought a boat load when they came out and they never ran out.

Penguissimo

Reaction score
Nothing against your manager, but it's not uncommon for BB managers to be slightly confused; are you 100% sure he meant the Droid and not the Droid Eris? Because there have been plenty of rumors that VZW themselves are going to EOL the Eris...

It was listed as motorola I saw the sheet myself. I agree, no reason to panic. Could be that BB is making room for the N1 on its shelves... I would say then they should move out the enV or some other low end wanna be but those are the phones that sell en mass, so I get it. But dropping accessories has me a little concerned. But who knows, Best Buy is not Verizon, so its not saying the Droid is being dropped by Verizon by any means...

Ooh, probably not the Eris then ;) The other posters who mentioned that BB likes to have the latest and greatest in stock must be on to something, then.

joker402

Reaction score
unless they paid google some big change to carry the N1 i dont see why they would phase out the droid before VZ

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
March 23rd is suppose to be the release date for the nexus one and the other android phone for vzw, so I am not surprised that they are getting everything ready for that.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I went into my VZW store a couple weeks ago. Large Droid display w/accessories in the middle of the store and on both side walls. I went in yesterday, and I had to ask for help to find the minuscule display at the back of the store. Combine with the BB story... an omen?

brianr0131

Reaction score
Every piece of equipment in my studio, except for my PRS is now outdated. Do I still use them? Health Yes!

what is that a custom 24? Nice axe. I had one years ago (in red) but the rotary pickup selector killed me. I should have got the McCartey.... Parker Fly for me now.

But, you make a good point all things (especially electronics) are outdated rather quickly.

Heck computers are pretty much outdated at or about the time of your first virus definition update. LOL

Reaction score
But, you make a good point all things (especially electronics) are outdated rather quickly.

Absolutely, the point to my earlier post on the phone chronology was that the Moto Droid is flat out phenomenal and it does everything I could want it to do, including many things I never though a phone would be able to do.

I would like to see some of the updates, particularly the Yahoo integration, but - frig, this thing makes me not even want a netbook.

Update pending from Motorola:
  • Voice recognition for virtual keyboard. Anywhere you can type, you can dictate. Swipe your finger across the keyboard (or press the microphone button) to activate. Same as on the Nexus One.
  • Virtual (on-screen) keyboard enhancements.
  • 3D Gallery: Should be the same as the new gallery that's on the Nexus One, and that's been ported to the Droid.
  • Pinch to zoom: Already on board for Google Maps, now you'll have it in the browser and gallery.
  • News and weather widget/app. That's the widget from the Nexus One that we get questions about in our videos.
  • Previously published Google Maps 4.0 improvements.
  • Enhanced Music application. New tabs at the top for easier access an navigation to artists, songs, albums and playlists.
  • Google Goggles: Now built into Android 2.1. No separate downloads.
  • Fixes the security lock bypass.
  • Yahoo e-mail now has setup optimization. :icon_ banana:
  • Battery life improved.

victoriac

Reaction score
Not to mention Verizon recently released new Droid commercials, which I just happen to see about 5 min. before I read this. AND, it is one of their best selling phones, yes the Nexus One will get them sales, but I can't see the Droid out of the picture just yet, they are still selling a lot of them.Some people want/need the keyboard that Nexus One doesn't have but Droid does.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
First of all Best Buy is the joke of all electronics stores. The typical employees has a brain the size of a peanut.

Second of all have you seen all the Droid commercials? Have you seen ANY Nexus commercials?

Stop freaking.:icon_ banana:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is a good point I have yet to see a nexus commercial; do they exist lol.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok here is one [video=youtube;3htC7YYOf5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3htC7YYOf5k]YouTube - Google Nexus One Commercial[/video]