Droid going "end of life" at Best Buy...

nolanandy

Reaction score
too many rumors nowadays...you just have to wait and see. If Mot discontinue Droid, and release D2, then we're screwed. We'll stuck with in 2.01 unless we root. I hope that VZ and Mot can work out a deal, and let us trade in for D2.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im not stressing it; they still sell stuff for other useless phones, they will still sell droid accessories. They probably emptying the inventories ro just have enough droids as needed. Probably making room to show off the nexus and the other new phones.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw the same predictions for the Blackberry Storm when the Storm 2 came out. About a month before the release of the Storm 2 Verizon released 5.0 for the Storm.

Now the fact that it was still a horrible OS aside, it does show that Verizon was still supporting their product.:)

iPirate

Reaction score
Relax guys. Verizon wouldn't invest nearly $100 million on promoting this phone, only to drop all support for it a few months later.
Seriously... relax people your phone is still one of the best

joker402

Reaction score
its not going any where, we havent gotten any info yet on end of life droids except the eris

i work for VZ and the droid is going to be araound for awhile nothing is going to top it any time soon

the nexus will drop but chances are that it will be google exclusive so that leaves the moto for big red in terms of exclusive

tehpriest

Reaction score
Relax guys. Verizon wouldn't invest nearly $100 million on promoting this phone, only to drop all support for it a few months later.
Seriously... relax people your phone is still one of the best

In the words of the Encyclopidia Galactica

DON'T PANIC!!
panic.gif

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
best buy was smart they brought the droid on when it was brand new to get all the new sales and now it has tapered off so time to bring in another new device and sell that till that tapers off and so on.......

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
best buy was smart they brought the droid on when it was brand new to get all the new sales and now it has tapered off so time to bring in another new device and sell that till that tapers off and so on.......

Exactly, that is what big retail stores do. They stock the inventory on hot items until the demand drops; then its move to the next hot item. When the iphone 3gs was hot you could not go into the store with out bumping into iphone/ipod stuff. Verizon will still be selling it.

Penguissimo

Reaction score
Nothing against your manager, but it's not uncommon for BB managers to be slightly confused; are you 100% sure he meant the Droid and not the Droid Eris? Because there have been plenty of rumors that VZW themselves are going to EOL the Eris...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon wouldnt EOL a phone that still has daily commercials on the TV in primetime.... this has to be for the Eris.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For as many Droid phones that have sold since November, I can't believe the Motorola Droid is at the end of its life yet. Maybe at Best Buy, but doubt it's the end of the Droid as we know it, and I feel fine. (ok sorry about that last part).

OP
A

awacker89

Reaction score
Nothing against your manager, but it's not uncommon for BB managers to be slightly confused; are you 100% sure he meant the Droid and not the Droid Eris? Because there have been plenty of rumors that VZW themselves are going to EOL the Eris...

It was listed as motorola I saw the sheet myself. I agree, no reason to panic. Could be that BB is making room for the N1 on its shelves... I would say then they should move out the enV or some other low end wanna be but those are the phones that sell en mass, so I get it. But dropping accessories has me a little concerned. But who knows, Best Buy is not Verizon, so its not saying the Droid is being dropped by Verizon by any means...

OP
A

awacker89

Reaction score
Also it could very well be possible they're going EOL due to their 2.0.1 and maybe some 2.1 preloads in the near future... =) Stay Positive!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The BB in my town has 2 locations in a 20 mile radius. I know one would sell more apple items and the other pc. When I went their to acquire about apple they was directing me to the other store to purchase a macbook pro. One BB store could be shifting some of its inventory to another location and use that location to stock the newer/ hotter item. With that said, if your store has an end of life sell let me know the location because it may be the perfect time to by some accessories.

Mojo

Reaction score
The Droid is not anywhere near EOL with VZW.. don't know about BestBuy but the Droid will be here for a while..