Droid Eris - Option to Leave email on exchange server?

Dragonheart

Reaction score
I just purchased an Eris (by HTC)...noticed there is an option to not delete email on on Pop server, but no such option for Exchange?

This is very frustrating...as I travel frequently and would like to delete mail on my phone that I'm not addressing on the road, but have it on my PC when I return. This would eliminate me from having to leave dozens of emails cluttering my phone until I return to the office.

Does anyone know a workaround to this problem?

db306

Reaction score
I also have the same question for the Droid. My wife just got one and she wants to leave the exchange email on the server

OP
D

Dragonheart

Reaction score
I've talked to Verizon and HTC, both of which didn't have an answer. I have my IT staff looking at work arounds, but nothing yet. How they could not allow this is beyond me..most business users I talk to work this way.

R1Lover

Reaction score
that's what exchange is all about...... it doesn't work this way unless your IT guy enables pop3 on exchange at your work place.

OP
D

Dragonheart

Reaction score
that's what exchange is all about...... it doesn't work this way unless your IT guy enables pop3 on exchange at your work place.

Exchanged is enabled that way at work (my blackberry left mail on the server).... they tell me the droid doesn't have that option for exchange. As I mentioned above...this functionality does work that way on the droid for Pop server (it's an option in the settings), but droid doesn't seem to allow it for Exchange (option is not avail).

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Touchdown gives you the option to delete Exchange e-mails from your phone without removing them from the server. Touchdown isn't cheap, but it's a great app for Exchange.