Droid drops calls like no other.

Sex Cells

Reaction score
My Droid keeps dropping calls as soon as 5 seconds outbound and almost immediately on some inbound calls. I'm using Google Voice, as i have for quite a while, and do not believe that is the issue.

Is anyone else encountering this problem? It's quite frustrating, and my office has never been a dead spot before. I've been using the Verizon network for many years now.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
no I haven't had any problems with dropped calls, not even up in the mountain area where my bars go down, where I never got signal with AT&T.

what you can do is dial *228, i believe it was and it resets your signal to the cell tower? I haven't had any problems and clarity is 10x better than AT&T so i have no reason to, but it is in the forum somewhere...

Anomander

Reaction score
k, dumb question since I do not have Google voice. Have you tried not using google Voice? If so how does it work then? I have never dropped a call with my Droid at all.

Big D

Reaction score
Never dropped a call. I used to once in a while with my voyager but never on the droid.

Ainvar

Reaction score
No dropped calls for me either on my Droid. I dont use google voice all the time but when I do I am not having an issue. I use google voice maybe once or twice a week if that.

Zecpull

Reaction score
I too would blame google voice. I have not dropped a call..and I have used pandora for 200 mile trips without losing internet..I am sure it preloads.,next song.but still not a dropped call even in a place I have had a dropped call on my Envy3

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't heard any issues like this, be sure to keep us posted..

OP
S

Sex Cells

Reaction score
I believe it was because i was running evrc-b switched over to 13k and it quit.

Thank you for all the helpful replies, by thee way. :) It's appreciated.

Adiggity6904

Reaction score
Yes, dropped calls

I have been dropping tons of calls! Also, people frequently can not hear me when I am talking and I have the problem of pressing kepad numbers while on calls. This all stems back to the built in sensor. Somehow the screen unlocks while I am on calls allowing me to inadvertanlty end calls, press mute, and other buttons with my face while in the middle of a conversation. This is extremely frustrating!! I thought I may have had a defective phone so I exchanged it for a new one yesterday, but the problem persists, depsite holding it very carefully in a variety of ways (close to face, away from face, etc.) I love the droid besides this problem though. I will be sad if I cant keep it, but obviously need to have a phone that allows me to have complete conversations.

adamt

Reaction score
This is in fact a huge problem, and its with google voice

This is a huge issue with Voice. It drops incoming calls constantly, and outgoing calls are hugely problematic - silence on the other end even though the call connects and the person you are calling picks up.

Its so bad that i almost cant use voice any more.

What i dont understand is why there are so many people with droids not using google voice. That was the whole reason I bought it. Unlimitted calling, transcription, conferencing??

By the way - if you switch off of voice, the phone works fine. But that is very much not the point.

atlharry

Reaction score
Actually, I use "Voice" everyday and have never had a dropped call. Also, the OP responded and said that it wasn't Voice. It was the call compression. I don't doubt that it was the cause of your problem, but making a sweeping generalization may be premature...