Droid Dropped in water...Dried out...Water indicator ok...but no screen

Bass_Cadet

Reaction score
Noob here...

Dropped my Droid in the toilet last weekend (beer, texting and toilets - bad idea)

Anyway...put it into a tub of rice...for a couple of days. The water damage indicator seems fine...no full red dot. The phone seems to turn on ie buttons and keyboard light up and says "DROID" etc. However the screen stays blank

Is it just a case of replacing the LCD screen? Any help appreciated!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sounds like the LCD is fried.. if it wont wake up try compering between replacing the LCD to getting a pre-owned one on swappa.com
They have pretty good deals..

OP
B

Bass_Cadet

Reaction score
Sounds like the LCD is fried.. if it wont wake up try compering between replacing the LCD to getting a pre-owned one on swappa.com
They have pretty good deals..

I already forked out for a new Droid X2 as I was due an upgrade but Id like to fix this one if possible...It seems to be unusually hot when I have it plugged in...I wonder if that indicates something more serious?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Chances are you don't have insurance or it's not still under the one year warranty? Obviously if it were then you could have it replaced. Given that it probably is not, you could try going to a Verizon corporate store. They probably would not be able to fix it but I have one store in my area ( another one that is not so great) that has gone above and beyond...order me a refurbished phone One time and another gave me another they had in stock. Both times I was not covered by insurance, one time I was past warranty. It might be worth a try.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
B

Bass_Cadet

Reaction score
ya, might be worth a try...There is one store where the service is great, another where it is very bad...there are a few cell phone repair shops in my city too that might be able to tell me over the counter if its repairable...thanks for the help

What do you think it would be worth if I did get it fixed (with a $30 LCD screen) on ebay or craigslist? Its about 2 yrs old and in v good condition (besides the obvious!)