Droid doesn't ring.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Ethan1392, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Ethan1392

Ethan1392 New Member

My alarm and ringer wont go off. Yes, the ringer volume is up and my notifications go off. I thought maybe Soundboard could have had a schedule going, but I uninstalling that didn't work. Any ideas?
  2. dracos

dracos New Member

I had that problem last week and had to power on and off the phone to fix the issue. What was even stranger I couldnt hear through the earpiece only the speakerphone had sound. Turning the phone off and on fixed everything though.

I will probably be taking my phone in for a replacement, I've just had a slew of weird issues over the past month.
  3. Ethan1392

Ethan1392 New Member

I've tried powering it off. I realized when I got it there would be all kinds of bugs coming with it, I just would like to know how to fix it.
  4. mightyMARSbars

mightyMARSbars New Member

FINALLY figured out a solution

my situation was that my phone would not ring. It would do everything else but it would not ring. Volume up, in all departments, no conflicting programs, nothing. This just randomly started happening the other day for no reason..but as I need to be answering my phone, not ringing simply wouldn't do.

Resetting the phone to factory is what did it for me - I lost my one purchased app in the process though, so look out and back up your profiles if you care about your items.

I did this by first powering the phone down. Next, boot the thing up while holding power AND the letter X on the keyboard. A crazy screen with a <!> will appear. Now from this <!> screen, hold the volume button and camera button on the side of the phone - you should now be at the recovery screen and able to select a factory reset option that will stock your phone back into working order!!

Really annoying I admit and best of luck to all - If anybody has got a better idea, please post it!! Otherwise in a worst case like I seemed to be experiencing, this seems to work (and without having to go to the store!)
  5. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

6. mightyMARSbars

mightyMARSbars New Member

7. SSHollywood

SSHollywood New Member

Droid X Alarm Setting

I don't know if you have a DX, but in case you do...check your alarm settings and make sure "Volume" isn't checked to use increasing volume. This will make the alarm start very soft and increase steadily to full volume.
Search tags for this page
android doesn't ring
android doesn't ring
android doesnt ring camera wont work
android phone doesnt ring when charging
android phone ringer doesn't work

droid doesn't ring

droid phone doesn't ring
droid ringer doesn't work
my droid wont ring speaker doesnt work
ringer doesn't work on android
why doesn't my android ring?