Droid 2 won't find new ringers

gun4hire

Reaction score
I have made a bunch of my own ringers (all mp3s) and put them on my droid 2 with no problems, but now, for some reason, it cant seem to find them and/or recognize them as ringers. I can find the actual files right where i put them via the android file browser but they wont appear as ringers.
I place them in folders in the highest directory as such: (media) > then inside media is: (alarms), (notifications), (ringers)
I put each file in the appropriate folder.
It will find the ringers and notifications that it has already found in the past, but the last 3 i have put it wont show up where they should.

Like i said, it has worked for a long time now with no problems and i have not changed the way i do anything, so I'm stumped. Any ideas?

OP
G

gun4hire

Reaction score
Figured out the problem:

I rename all the ringers that i make by shortening them a bit and putting a "1" at the beginning of the name so they appear at the top of the list. For some reason these last few i have made still have their original names so i did not see them at the top of the list and just assumed they were not there.

I think that the droid 2 reads the id3 tag of the mp3 rather than the file name.
But anyways, problem solved