Droid decisions

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jacob80, Jul 19, 2010.

1. jacob80

jacob80 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

Like many users, I am in a predicament as to my phote situation. First off, I just got my Motorola Droid in April and love it for the most part. The one single thing I dislike it the laggy interface (which isn't present in the HTC Incredible). As of now, I would like to either A) Wait to see if Froyo speeds up my phone and satifies my standards speed wise or B) Get a different phone.

My main concern/complaint is speed, I love the phone otherwise, its simply amazing. I am obviously already past my 30 day exchange period, but is there any way I could do an early upgrade if Froyo doesn't speed up the OS? If not, there's not much else to do, but I would like the speed and snappy-ness of the Incredible and other phones with the Snap Dragon processor. I'm just a basic user, nothing over the top. I browse, take photos/videos, and use apps. Thats about it. Thanks guys!

2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +13
    Just root your droid and overclock it when mines running at 1.2ghz there is absolutely no lag. Even at the speed i usually run at which is 800mhz i don't see a lag. My phone is much faster then the droid incredible etc i would consider rooting and overclocking it's a rather simple process and it will save you the few hundred to have to buy a new phone.

3. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels Senior Member

Ratings:
    +16
    My rooted Droid is MUCH faster than my sisters Incredible.
    She has lag, I dont.

4. Googleaddict

Googleaddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like everybody else has said,root your droid and load up a rom (im using Bugless Beast 0.4) and overclock it. My droid is very fast and it never lags.

5. JoeKacz

JoeKacz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with the others. However, to answer your question, there is no way that Verizon would let you do an early upgrade after only 3 months. My wife's blackberry was requiring a battery pull several times per day, and I had to haggle over the phone for a long time and speak to a supervisor before they agreed to move up her upgrade date, and that was about 21 months into her 2-year contract. Needless to say she upgraded to a Droid. :)

6. Sabiancym

Sabiancym New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was upset over my rooted droid phone speed, then I loaded up Chevy's latest rom, OCed to 1ghz and now it's snappier than ever.

Root and you'll never look back.

7. tameone

tameone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stock home app is horrible. First off, try a homescreen replacement app. Checkout ADW launcher and Launcher pro. both should give you smoother animations.. if that isn't enough, root!

Personally I'm running 2.2 FRF91 build @ 1GHz with ADW Launcher. Smoooooooth as butter.

8. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No lag here. Running Bugless Beast 0.4 with a Chevy 1.2GHz kernel. As others have said, root and load a custom ROM and kernel.

Verizon's not going to give you an early upgrade. You could certainly pay full retail if you wanted though.

9. Taboot

Taboot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is what I'm wondering too.

10. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    again Froyo is a major upgrae in speed an functionality........wait for the release of 2.2 you won't be disappointed.

VZW will not let you upgarade early after 3 months. If you still want to buy a Dx they are 569 and trhe Di is 539.

11. Aiesline

Aiesline Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Root. Running Simply stunning 4.5 OCd to 1 ghz with a 1 ghz low voltage kernal and launcher pro. No lag. was just as fast as the droid x at the store the other day.