Droid decisions

jacob80

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Like many users, I am in a predicament as to my phote situation. First off, I just got my Motorola Droid in April and love it for the most part. The one single thing I dislike it the laggy interface (which isn't present in the HTC Incredible). As of now, I would like to either A) Wait to see if Froyo speeds up my phone and satifies my standards speed wise or B) Get a different phone.

My main concern/complaint is speed, I love the phone otherwise, its simply amazing. I am obviously already past my 30 day exchange period, but is there any way I could do an early upgrade if Froyo doesn't speed up the OS? If not, there's not much else to do, but I would like the speed and snappy-ness of the Incredible and other phones with the Snap Dragon processor. I'm just a basic user, nothing over the top. I browse, take photos/videos, and use apps. Thats about it. Thanks guys!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just root your droid and overclock it when mines running at 1.2ghz there is absolutely no lag. Even at the speed i usually run at which is 800mhz i don't see a lag. My phone is much faster then the droid incredible etc i would consider rooting and overclocking it's a rather simple process and it will save you the few hundred to have to buy a new phone.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Like everybody else has said,root your droid and load up a rom (im using Bugless Beast 0.4) and overclock it. My droid is very fast and it never lags.

JoeKacz

Reaction score
My main concern/complaint is speed, I love the phone otherwise, its simply amazing. I am obviously already past my 30 day exchange period, but is there any way I could do an early upgrade if Froyo doesn't speed up the OS? If not, there's not much else to do, but I would like the speed and snappy-ness of the Incredible and other phones with the Snap Dragon processor. I'm just a basic user, nothing over the top. I browse, take photos/videos, and use apps. Thats about it. Thanks guys!

I agree with the others. However, to answer your question, there is no way that Verizon would let you do an early upgrade after only 3 months. My wife's blackberry was requiring a battery pull several times per day, and I had to haggle over the phone for a long time and speak to a supervisor before they agreed to move up her upgrade date, and that was about 21 months into her 2-year contract. Needless to say she upgraded to a Droid. :)

Sabiancym

Reaction score
I was upset over my rooted droid phone speed, then I loaded up Chevy's latest rom, OCed to 1ghz and now it's snappier than ever.

Root and you'll never look back.

tameone

Reaction score
Stock home app is horrible. First off, try a homescreen replacement app. Checkout ADW launcher and Launcher pro. both should give you smoother animations.. if that isn't enough, root!

Personally I'm running 2.2 FRF91 build @ 1GHz with ADW Launcher. Smoooooooth as butter.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The one single thing I dislike it the laggy interface (which isn't present in the HTC Incredible).
No lag here. Running Bugless Beast 0.4 with a Chevy 1.2GHz kernel. As others have said, root and load a custom ROM and kernel.

Verizon's not going to give you an early upgrade. You could certainly pay full retail if you wanted though.

Taboot

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Like many users, I am in a predicament as to my phote situation. First off, I just got my Motorola Droid in April and love it for the most part. The one single thing I dislike it the laggy interface (which isn't present in the HTC Incredible). As of now, I would like to either A) Wait to see if Froyo speeds up my phone and satifies my standards speed wise or B) Get a different phone.

This is what I'm wondering too.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
again Froyo is a major upgrae in speed an functionality........wait for the release of 2.2 you won't be disappointed.

VZW will not let you upgarade early after 3 months. If you still want to buy a Dx they are 569 and trhe Di is 539.

Aiesline

Reaction score
Root. Running Simply stunning 4.5 OCd to 1 ghz with a 1 ghz low voltage kernal and launcher pro. No lag. was just as fast as the droid x at the store the other day.