Incredible...Droid..Decisions..

jd1306

Reaction score
I seen another post like this but I did not want to hijack it for my help.

I need some assistance as to which to get in terms of customization. I understand the incredible just came out an will take time to root and such. But with that said would it be better going toward a droid which is rooted and fully capable of customization now? Or just suck it up and get the incredible and just hold off till its rooted.

Ive researched the specs for both understand the differences and all, But I am still pulled between which to get.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kmart95

Reaction score
I wouldnt base your decision on whether or not a phone has been rooted or not because if i had to guess the incredible will be rooted within a month or so. I would base your decision on the major differences between the two phones. The Droid has a physical keyboard and the Incredible doesnt so that should be a big factor in making your decision. The Incredible has Sense UI, the Droid doesnt so once again that should be a big factor.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wouldnt base your decision on whether or not a phone has been rooted or not because if i had to guess the incredible will be rooted within a month or so. I would base your decision on the major differences between the two phones. The Droid has a physical keyboard and the Incredible doesnt so that should be a big factor in making your decision. The Incredible has Sense UI, the Droid doesnt so once again that should be a big factor.

Eris wasn't rooted till around February, so you can't give a one month time frame.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recommend getting the Incredible and waiting, but if you really need a rooted phone now, then get the Droid.

That being said, I have had my Droid since 11/06 and haven't rooted yet.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

Eris wasn't rooted till around February, so you can't give a one month time frame.
+1 over at xda their having quite a bit of trouble rooting it. it could be a while.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I look at it like this: Motorola makes a dynamite phone as far as reception and call clarity. I'm speaking from personal experience. I would do some research and see which phone has issues that may make you return it.

Better yet, get one, and if its giving you major problems, try the other.

Me? I recommend the Motorola Droid. Cuz my phone has to be a good phone, first and foremost.

OP
J

jd1306

Reaction score
Well I am big into the customization scene and enjoy every moment of being able to push my phone to the limits.

As for physical keyboard and such, I have been in and out of my Verizon store and played with both. Its not to much of a deciding factor for me since using either is no issue.

I don't necessarily need it to be rooted now and could wait. Just hoping to see the incredible be rooted and have roms and such for it.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I recommend getting the Incredible and waiting, but if you really need a rooted phone now, then get the Droid.

That being said, I have had my Droid since 11/06 and haven't rooted yet.

Then you're missing out =)

Get the Droid if:

You want a keyboard (some games require a keyboard)
You want full root capabilities as soon as you get it (Overclock, themes (see our ROM section for screenshots, also check cyanogenmod.com/forum Motorola Droid themes section)
Large hacking community

Get the Incredible if:

You want Sense UI (ZeusDroid team at Alldroid is working on a port for the Droid, not fully functional yet)

Optical track pad or whatever it is

Flash Lite (Only certain capabilities, check google, Flash beta wll start this month according to an article in the News section of the forum)

8 MP Camera

FM Radio

Kmart95

Reaction score

Ya, sorry if i mislead you with the whole 1 month time frame i was just putting a wild guess out there. But my point was that the Incredible will (most likely) be rooted sooner or later.