Droid Convert & Newbie Intro

WillowtheWisp

Reaction score
I live in Alaska where mobile networks are limited to in-state carriers ACS and GCI. The only national carrier is AT&T, who rents equipment from ACS.

So I have a Motorola droid through ACS and use it mostly for news and connectivity apps because it gets confused when I try to treat it like a phone. ACS is not a national carrier so I can't use it to confirm accounts like facebook and twitter.

I have an HTC Inspire through AT&T that keeps me on the national grid so I use it as my "everywhere" phone - which kinda sucks because it's AT&T.

Anyways, here's my noob question: can the apps that I've downloaded and saved to sd/card on the motorola be installed from sd/card to the HTC? Right now, when I try to install from card to HTC it says my settings do not allow non-market application downloads and I can't figure out how to change that.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community glad to have you with us. Only thing i can think of is change the phone so it will be able to accept 3rd party apps. The way i can change my D2 is by going through menu>settings>applications>check "unknown sources" box... when the unknown sources box is checked you can then install apps that have been downloaded outside of the market. I hope this can help and remember to make yourself at home in the community

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum...agree with 252

Welcome to the community glad to have you with us. Only thing i can think of is change the phone so it will be able to accept 3rd party apps. The way i can change my D2 is by going through menu>settings>applications>check "unknown sources" box... when the unknown sources box is checked you can then install apps that have been downloaded outside of the market. I hope this can help and remember to make yourself at home in the community

Aloha from Hawaii...

OP
WillowtheWisp

WillowtheWisp

Reaction score
Thanks Guys!

With the Motorola accepting third party apps is easy - like you said - just check the box allowing it in settings> applications> manage applications. With the HTC there is no such option. :(

My next question is: which forum topic best describes my issue with the HTC Inspire? With that - I'm off to explore my options on the boards.

Thanks again!