newb on the sceen..so expect some seriously simple questions!

zaccatacc

Reaction score
my name is zacc, ive been locked up for the last eight years....before i went to prison the RAZOR was just being released...so when i got out, technology was fast afoot. i had no clu about texting...so i have been real interested in cell phones and there development. i am so interested in how they work and how to mod them. i had a friend root and upgrade my first phone. i was amazed at how quik it was. that was an old HTC hero running 1.6. slow. i soon upgraded to a newer phone and found out that u could mod the hell out of it. i traded an old flip phone that i got for free with my cell service up here in alaska for a MOTOROLA MILESTONE A854. it was running the basic Firmware 2.1-udate,2.6.29-omap1 dcn637@zch45lmxdroid24#1 Kernal, build number MILLER_X1_00.26.1

through watching alot of you tube and reading forums for days i got a good idea on how to mod my phone.. in alaska our cell service is new..most phones are Verizion based. the major cell carrier is GCI and AT&T.. so its a problem to get some mods to work properly on the APN with out going into the voice dialer and opening it up and changing things.. thank god i met someone up here that was able to help me with that.

any way i am now running
Kernal V.
2.6.32.9_deprimed prime @optimusmobile#1
CPU
ARMv7 processor rev 3 (v7l)
MOD VERSION
CyanogenMod-7.1.0-Droid-winner-00
Build number
cyanogen-shoels-eng 2.37 GINGERBREAD eng.tyler.20111025.174213testkeys

my phone runs smoothly at900MHZ, but am always looking to improve performance. if there is a better stable mod out there let me know...and will somone please tell me if in december we will have a mod to go to ICS? it would be awsome to go to another level..

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. There are many roms out there, but how they work from phone to phone differs. And the only way to know is to try them out. As long as you have made a good backup, switching from rom to rom is no big deal. But I'd say the rom/set up you have now is as good as any.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums, glad to have you with us :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums!! Looks like a good set up to me, make sure to stick around and keep asking those questions :smile-b:

OP
Z

zaccatacc

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied..I honestly thought i wouldn't hear a thing back........being a newb and all. most programers i have met or talked to dont want to take the time to explain simple computer science to some one new. thanks again for giving me the confidence to continue with new found hobby. i just hope i dont brick any phones along the way..

breedingh8

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied..I honestly thought i wouldn't hear a thing back........being a newb and all. most programers i have met or talked to dont want to take the time to explain simple computer science to some one new. thanks again for giving me the confidence to continue with new found hobby. i just hope i dont brick any phones along the way..

Cm7. 1 enjoy!!+ 1

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

Don't worry about the "newb" thing, we all had to start somewhere. And if you ever have questions ask along the way. Especially if you are unsure of something and can't find the answer.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Welcome! I see that you are running my build. Glad it working out for you. I will try and get it updated the next few days.

I don't think ICS will be coming to the OG droid. Its just to old. If it does though I am sure most things won't work and it will buggy and slow. Gingerbread is the last version of android that will run good on it.