No 3g. Help.

nornevrder

Reaction score
Alright I just got to work and I have no 3G. I work on a oil field in Prudhoe bay ,AK its basically the tip top of Alaska. My carrier is ACS and they have towers up here that verizon works off of and I usually have 3G everywhere in the field. I have never had a problem with my 3G since I have had my phone and was wondering if maybe there was somthing happened when I put it in airplane mode. Well I got to head out to work so I will check when I get back . Note -I have had OnixFroyoz RC2 the last 2 hitches so I know that custom Roms do work up here. However I did download and install it up here. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
Scratch that first comment. I guess my phone had to catch up. I'm being a spaz sorry

Sent from my Sourcery

noodlesthecow

Reaction score
Having some problems with my phone now. It keeps sitting at 1 bar for 3g or no bars. I tried calling my phone from my house and it won't complete the call. I get the "call cannot be completed" message. Tried rebooting a few times and nothing. Had my old BB Tour sitting on my desk here and it had 4 bars constant. Maybe a full wipe with the update coming tonight will help? Just thought I'd mention it.

listenman20

Reaction score
Having some problems with my phone now. It keeps sitting at 1 bar for 3g or no bars. I tried calling my phone from my house and it won't complete the call. I get the "call cannot be completed" message. Tried rebooting a few times and nothing. Had my old BB Tour sitting on my desk here and it had 4 bars constant. Maybe a full wipe with the update coming tonight will help? Just thought I'd mention it.

that's odd....but can your phone complete a call to your house?

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
been keeping eye on mine for last 2 days and have had no change, I did not do full wipes but maybe in your case it would help.

noodlesthecow

Reaction score

that's odd....but can your phone complete a call to your house?

Just tried. I can call the house, and my father just called me. Both went through. I just sent a text and it went to 2 bars, then 4, then down to 1, then to 2 bars in 1x. All in the span of 2 seconds. i already dialed *228 this morning to make sure it was updated.

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
I did a battery pull and it all came back. Mind u I am in befell so my phone had to find the towers when I changed roms

Sent from my Sourcery

noodlesthecow

Reaction score
I did a battery pull and it all came back. Mind u I am in befell so my phone had to find the towers when I changed roms

Sent from my Sourcery

Yeah, I did that, too. I got an email and most of my data using apps work, so I don't know if anything is actually wrong with the phone.