Why is it?

nornevrder

Reaction score
Why is it that my 3g is screwing up on me? Last night it was terribly slow with 2 bars then went off and didn't come back till I did a battery pull. Phone signal also was really bad. Typically in my room I have had no problems. This morning I woke up and I had no internet. I went down to the chow hall where I always get 3g with no problems and still nothing. My buddy came down and at next to me with his desire which has the same carrieras I do and had full 3g. I did a batt pull left it out for about 30-40 sec and I am good to go typing on tshe forum. Any suggestions fixes or anything that could help me out would be great. (I had to do 2 battle pulls out in the field yesterday for this reason while everyone else had 3g)

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried a different kernel?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
One more thing I was running ud 2.5 cause sour 1.1 would be so hit and miss with the 3g. I never ran into this problem when I was running ud.

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
Been running the same kernel as I was w ud. Lv slayer 1.1

PARick

Reaction score
Been running the same kernel as I was w ud. Lv slayer 1.1

FWIW my 3G has actually been way better with this ROM than UD. But so has everything else! I agree, I would play with a different kernel. I use Slayer as well, but some just don't play as nice as others.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That kernel may not be playing well with that ROM and your phone. I'd try making a backup and reflashing Sorcery (without wiping) which should put the kernel they included back. See if that helps.

DroidForums Junkie!!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dial *22890 and see if helps.

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
Yeah think I am going to mess with some other kernels and see what happens. As far as the 228# I am not Verizon I am with a company in Alaska called acs. Would me calling my company and them doing the walk trough and doing what they do which I think sends a signal to my phone effect anything that has to do with my rom?

joeshell20

Reaction score
I have this same problem with my dx. The only thing is I have a totally stock system. I think it maybe a tower issue, because big red sent me a replacement and it has the same issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think updating towers (*22890) would hurt it but can't say for sure in your situation.
as far as buddy with good signals...well that is a different phone with different antenna.