Droid Charge ?

Dog097

Reaction score
Hello I just registered here.

I am going to get a droid charge from Verizon.Recently I got a Pantech Hotshot from Wirefly.It hasn't been 181 days since the purchase.If I get the droid before the period of 181 days is over,will I be charged the full price of the hotshot?

Thanks in advance.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I don't think it'll matter when you get the charge but when you return the hotshot.

Also, please research the phone you're getting. I have heard nothing but terrible things about the Charge and there are other, better quality phones out there for the same price or less. :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Dog097 said:
Hello I just registered here.

I am going to get a droid charge from Verizon.Recently I got a Pantech Hotshot from Wirefly.It hasn't been 181 days since the purchase.If I get the droid before the period of 181 days is over,will I be charged the full price of the hotshot?

Thanks in advance.

If you got the hotshot from wirefly or Amazon then yes you do have to keep that phone activated on the number you bought it for for 181 days or you will get charged a penalty, as in their policy and contract. I don't know if they ever actually charged anyone this penalty but I do know they say they will. I almost bought my Charge through them and researched and called both companies to make sure.

And although there are a lot of great phones out there for a great price, the Charge was not a bad phone. I had no problems with it at all and right now my son has it. It's a year old and it has never had to go into Verizon for any fixes or tweaks... quite possibly the only phone I've had that I didn't have to get some kind of fix or tweak (except for my current Maxx still runs flawlessly... knock on wood).

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Even for free, don't get the charge. Why on earth would you want that?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App