Wirefly has some BS policies

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You received a Bionic for $185, when it's normally $249-299 (w/ a 2-year agreement), and you're surprised you had to agree to a secondary contract? WireFly has been operating this way for quite some time now, and they're still doing fine.

When all is said and done, read before you agree.

OP
R

RPMGSXR

Reaction score
I don't know why some of the replies to this thread are basically saying that I am an idiot for not reading a long and purposly drawn out laundry list of legal garbage before i make my purchase. Please to any of those responders get a life... really. Some of us have better things to do then read fineprint especially when someone at Wirefly told me that there would be know issue. I asked, they answered, that should be good enough.

End result:
Wirefly killed my wifes line last night and it wasn't until she needed to use her phone this morning that we realized this, even though I was also told that there would not be any interruption of her line's service even though we cancelled our order and were sending back the Bionic.

So this morning on my way to fedex I not only had VZW turn on my wifes phone again but they also reinstated here upgrade date (Wirefly told me that that could not happen until they received the bionic back). I then called Radio Shack and asked them if they could use my wifes upgrade to put a Bionic on my line, they said yes, I went and got my Bionic for $199.00+tax.

It's done, lesson learned.

WIREFLY SUCKS ASS

Good night as I'm going to go play with my new Bionic now.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know why some of the replies to this thread are basically saying that I am an idiot for not reading a long and purposly drawn out laundry list of legal garbage before i make my purchase. Please to any of those responders get a life... really. Some of us have better things to do then read fineprint especially when someone at Wirefly told me that there would be know issue. I asked, they answered, that should be good enough.

End result:
Wirefly killed my wifes line last night and it wasn't until she needed to use her phone this morning that we realized this, even though I was also told that there would not be any interruption of her line's service even though we cancelled our order and were sending back the Bionic.

So this morning on my way to fedex I not only had VZW turn on my wifes phone again but they also reinstated here upgrade date (Wirefly told me that that could not happen until they received the bionic back). I then called Radio Shack and asked them if they could use my wifes upgrade to put a Bionic on my line, they said yes, I went and got my Bionic for $199.00+tax.

It's done, lesson learned.

WIREFLY SUCKS ASS

Good night as I'm going to go play with my new Bionic now.

What's funny is that it's actually not even a page long, and the part that you mentioned is in bold so the only real way you could miss it is if you simply chose not to even attempt to read what you were signing. No one's fault but your own, but glad you got it sorted.

OP
R

RPMGSXR

Reaction score
What's funny is that it's actually not even a page long, and the part that you mentioned is in bold so the only real way you could miss it is if you simply chose not to even attempt to read what you were signing. No one's fault but your own, but glad you got it sorted.
If you noticed I said it came in the box. I did not have the option of reading it until it arrived with the phone, and as I said earlier, I asked if swapping lines would be ok and was told yes it is ok.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you noticed I said it came in the box. I did not have the option of reading it until it arrived with the phone, and as I said earlier, I asked if swapping lines would be ok and was told yes it is ok.

What I meant is when you order online from wirefly.com you have to agree to their terms right before you press submit. When you open the terms its less then a page and the part about the 180 days is in bold. So what happened is you just clicked the checkbox without even opening the terms because there literally is no way you could have missed it.

That being said, wirefly was obviously wrong for giving you the wrong info, but the right info was just a click away haha. I was just responding to you telling those who pointed this out to you to "get a life"

nikecar

Reaction score

You always have a chance. I found it in under a minute using my phones browser.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.