Droid causes Divorce

dak70

Reaction score
Just got my Droid this week and my wife is ready to divorce me. I haven't spoken to the kids or the wife in days. Can't put the Droid down long enough to acknowledge them. I've worked from home 3 days so I could play with the Droid. I think I'm addicted.
The wife wants a Droid now but I don't want to take the time to set it up.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid forums. My wife spends all her time in Second Life so she has no reason to complain about the time I spend in the forum or on the Droid.

Tune

Reaction score
Not for nothing, but I am having similar issues with my wife.

She told me the other day that I should have never got married to her. All I needed was the Droid.

I didn't disagree...

:icon_ devil:

MissK

Reaction score
haha

when i first got mine i had to make it a rule that i wouldn't use it in the car because i would get it out at red lights and constantly get honked at when it turned green!!! "hey lady! get off ur phone!"

Droidfish

Reaction score
LOL my wife gave me a lot of crap about my droid addiction until we drove six hours to phoenix for the weekend.

We listened to pandora thru the car speakers, then a song she wanted would come on. "click that little imusic button honey", after she dowloaded a couple songs(never disrupting pandora , mind you) she got into my photo gallery to look at the photos I recently uploaded to picasa.

Not to mention I showed her how to use Where to find some restaurants for us THEN used turn by turn (thru the car speaker) to get us there.

This trip may have saved my marriage:D

LoveAlwaysJami

Reaction score
Haha. Yep. Ive had mine since Monday and my husband has MANY TIMES made me stop messing with it. I have to be up at 5 am and generally set it down when the battery finally goes. I hope he can get over it... otherwise IM SURE my phone has an app to take his place ;)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wife 2.0 is a better upgrade anyway...

At least mine was :D

Darkseider

Reaction score
Worked out well

Worked out well for me. I bought a Backflip day one and found out it was locked down/gimped. Got my Droid a day later, rooted, BB .7 w/ LV Kernel and custom theme. My wife was livid that I spent so much time tweaking the phone. Next day the Backflip came in and she fell in love with it, she is a self admitted social network ADDICT. So now two Androids in the house and my wife is happy so she isn't griping at me anymore.

etx_droid

Reaction score
I'm afraid to root for fear of more addiction...my wife thinks I'm "silly" for needing a phone like this :)