Droid Bluetooth paired to PC but cannot connect for file transfer

scmichael

Reaction score
I am sure there is some place where this is disussed heavily, but I am have been looking all morning.

I am able to pair my droid to my Vista PC. After it pairs windows says that it will update the driver for this device if needed and that I may not be able to use it until the update is complete. Then you click finish or ok.

Then nothing. I dont see windows doing anything and when I check my Droid bluetooth connections, it shows my pc, but when I click it it does nothing. Doesnt even say "connecting". It is just highlighted when I click and then unhighlights when my finger is off.

It just says paired but not connected.

I see other forums where people discuss how they can transfer files one way but not the other, pc to droid or droid to pc only. But I cannt even do that. Others say they can transfer no problem.

Other forums say Verizon is preventing bluetooth transfers, but then how are other people able to do one way transfers.

HELP!

Is there something I need to do on the PC/Droid? Do I need to download something/ (market apps dont work) Is this really being prevented by Verizon?

Please give details.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
As far as I know, Verizon removed the OBEX of BT which we need for transferring files. You can use the usb or download a ftp server frrom the market. The latter is what I use. I can then connect to the phone with a ftp client either over my wifi or 3G.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
I am sure there is some place where this is disussed heavily, but I am have been looking all morning.

I am able to pair my droid to my Vista PC. After it pairs windows says that it will update the driver for this device if needed and that I may not be able to use it until the update is complete. Then you click finish or ok.

Then nothing. I dont see windows doing anything and when I check my Droid bluetooth connections, it shows my pc, but when I click it it does nothing. Doesnt even say "connecting". It is just highlighted when I click and then unhighlights when my finger is off.

It just says paired but not connected.

I see other forums where people discuss how they can transfer files one way but not the other, pc to droid or droid to pc only. But I cannt even do that. Others say they can transfer no problem.

Other forums say Verizon is preventing bluetooth transfers, but then how are other people able to do one way transfers.

HELP!

Is there something I need to do on the PC/Droid? Do I need to download something/ (market apps dont work) Is this really being prevented by Verizon?

Please give details.

i've been able to pair up and connect but only transfer files (mp3's) TO the droid. it will not transfer files from the Droid TO the pc. Bummer! it's a pretty slow way to make music transfers but it does work. Panda Home seems to have nerfed my USB mounting so I've been messing with alternatives.

texas outlaw

Reaction score
Lot of lame issues coming to light with these phones. Beginning to wonder if they used Wal-Mart personel for QA.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Check Out Bluetooth File Transfer (Free) in the Market under Communications. This appears to add the profiles that Google/VZW/Moto omitted.

naman919

Reaction score
got the app above and still have the same issue as the OP. Any ideas?

Last edited:

scottypinthemix

Reaction score
I had the same problems. I couldn't get droid and my macbook to communicate at all. i've been downloading all the updates for the free bluetooth file exchange app., but never going back to see if anything has changed.
i just checked it out and it all works perfectly now.
i suggest to anyone who wants a good bluetooth app., snag the free one from medieval software

mmcompute

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for about a week. I'm able to transfer files to my computer using Bluetooth with no problem. I've also received files from an LG Env3 phone without issues.

Smitty

Reaction score
Long time Lurker, first time posting. I have Win 7. No problem sending files to computer via Bluetooth, however nothing will go from computer to Droid. Interesting that some posters can't get files to computer from phone, and others can't get files to phone from computer.

NJKirchner

Reaction score
I am working on Win7 and w/ droid and although paired, I am unable to send files from PC to droid.

I've been attempting this via right-click>>Send To
and also directly from the win7 BT screen.
It all ends and hangs as shown here

2010-01-06_1059

Seems like there are more questions than answers regarding this.
Sure would love to see a VZW pro chime in on wtf we're supposed to do

NJKirchner

Reaction score
Ok.... Did a little digging and was told directly from VZW support

"Bluetooth File Transfer is NOT supported and should not be expected to be enabled on upcoming software updates"

:icon_evil:

So beyond this I did try to download the FTP software listed in this thread, and although things were looking up, when I try to connect to my PC that has been successfully paired I get the error "Can't connect to target device. Reason: Connection Refused"

I have tried un-pairing/pairing to make sure things got done right and same results.

Although in the process of doing this post, I can now right click transfer on the PC to the Droid successfully for no good reason. :icon_eek:

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
I am working on Win7 and w/ droid and although paired, I am unable to send files from PC to droid.

I've been attempting this via right-click>>Send To
and also directly from the win7 BT screen.
It all ends and hangs as shown here

2010-01-06_1059

Seems like there are more questions than answers regarding this.
Sure would love to see a VZW pro chime in on wtf we're supposed to do

Have you tried the "Bluetooth File Transfer" app in the store? It worked for me.