Bluetooth pairs but does not connect

kgundry1

Reaction score
Equipment: Droid, PC with Windows XP SP2, IOGear USB Bluetooth adapter.

I can pair the Droid Bluetooth with the PC Bluetooth without difficulty. The Droid then says it is paired but not connected. I can choose a password on the PC, and then without intervention the Droid opens a window for me to enter the same password, which of course I do. The computer then announces that I am connected, but the Droid still says it is paired but not connected. Clearly I am missing something.

I am assuming by the way that once I can establish the connection I will be able to transfer files between the PC and the SD card in the Droid. Is that right.

Ken Gundry

s1nist3r

Reaction score
i get the droid is paired but not connected error when im trying to send files from droid to other mobile devices with bluetooth. is there a fix for this or will rooting my phone work?

boomerbsg

Reaction score
i searched the forum for IOGEAR and this was one of two threads that popped up.

i got file transfers working between the IOGEAR bluetooth dongle i JUST bought from walmart a few hours ago... heres how i did it:

I have a Rooted Droid 1 (OG droid) running PE4.2. Running Windows 7 64bit

1. went to iogears website and downloaded latest Windows drivers.. yes windows supports it native.. but this HAD to be done. i have the GBU421WVM, but i downloaded the GBU421 driver file and it worked.
2. attempted pairing and got the paired but not connected in windows...
3.installed this: Bluetooth File Transfer - Android app on AppBrain (also available from Marketplace on android.
4. fired up root explorer, found a file on my SD card and attempted to send it by long pressing the file and choosing Send Via BlueTooth in the menu...

done.

I normally dont go out for Thread Necromancy, but in this case i figured why not.
keep in mind, it does work.. but its every bit as slow as plugging in your USB cable and copying from My Computer.. but in a pinch it works i suppose.

I was unable to tether via blue tooth.. but i didnt try for long either as my goal was simple file transfers. Havent tried using my laptop to listen to music or funnel call audio through either.. but i will eventually i'm sure.

hope this helps someone doing a search for this iogear product.

cheers

altoflyer

Reaction score
i have a similar problem but it's much more basic. I can't get my motorola headset to stay connected to the phone. It worked great for about six weeks. then it started dropping off. The only way to get it to communicate again is to unpair the headset, then *hard* reboot the phone (take the battery out), and then re-pair it. This isn't something I can do while driving in the car, which is where I need the headset. *sigh*

motormadness

Reaction score
I got this problem and my Droid X won't connect to anything. Rooted with Rubix ROM.

jkyker

Reaction score
Pairs but wont connect

Equipment: Droid, PC with Windows XP SP2, IOGear USB Bluetooth adapter.

I can pair the Droid Bluetooth with the PC Bluetooth without difficulty. The Droid then says it is paired but not connected. I can choose a password on the PC, and then without intervention the Droid opens a window for me to enter the same password, which of course I do. The computer then announces that I am connected, but the Droid still says it is paired but not connected. Clearly I am missing something.

I am assuming by the way that once I can establish the connection I will be able to transfer files between the PC and the SD card in the Droid. Is that right.

Ken Gundry
I am having the same issue Pairs and wont connect. Has anyone been to Verizon and had them to get it working or define the issue?