Droid, Bluetooth and Toyota Tundra

gblrklr

Reaction score
I am not having any luck pairing my droid to my Tundra. I have enabled bluetooth on my phone, got my truck to the point where it is "searching," made my droid searchable, and hit "scan for devices." I am trying to follow the directions in my owner's manual, but so far I have not had any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

OP
G

gblrklr

Reaction score
I am not having any luck pairing my droid to my Tundra. I have enabled bluetooth on my phone, got my truck to the point where it is "searching," made my droid searchable, and hit "scan for devices." I am trying to follow the directions in my owner's manual, but so far I have not had any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

mattbuds

Reaction score
Your tundra, if you go through the process correctly should give you a 4 digit pin that you will put in the phone for it to pair. Make sure your truck is in pairing mode... I sell Nissans and GM products and have to pair the phone for the customer in every one I sell and they all work pretty much the same so I cant imagine the toyotas are any dif when it comes to pairing. If you still cant get it hit me back and I will help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
G

gblrklr

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Matt. Yep, there is a 4 digit pin. This may be a really stupid question, but how do I put it in my phone?

Ronbo19

Reaction score
Just paired to my Subaru today, but I did the opposite. Set the stereo to discoverable and scanned for it with the Droid, then used the pairing code provided by the vehicle. Found this:

Link

Hope it might help.

ragenrok

Reaction score
whats funny is I install Motorola bluetooth systems in work trucks and when I pair them with my milestone for testing and it doesn't even bother with a key (seeing as how the pairing key is always 0000) Its never once asked for a key. but every other phone I use it always needs me to enter the 0000.

Ronbo19

Reaction score
If you go to bluetooth in settings on the droid the truck stereo should pop after you press to scan for devices. When the truck pops stereo pops up as found press that and I believe iy will ask for the code supplied by the truck.

xliderider

Reaction score
If you go to bluetooth in settings on the droid the truck stereo should pop after you press to scan for devices. When the truck pops stereo pops up as found press that and I believe iy will ask for the code supplied by the truck.

+1, this is how I pair my Droid and Camry. It should be the same for your Taco.