OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Another thought: Since the Atrix will be released before the Bionic, I think we can get a good sense of what PMU problems there might be before the Bionic even drops.
Very good observation. I concur.....

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
me, three. D3/T3, ftw! jus' sayin'... ;)

edit: yeah, i know - another useless post...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about this: My Droid 1 was manufactured in the early part of 2010. I got it in April 2010. it may have been made in Mar 2010...

I didnt have the mute issue some other folks with Droid 1's had. My Droid 1 has been damn near flawless with everything.

Maybe it does release with unfixable issues, but maybe phones made at later dates will have the problems fixed? Like a revision? I remember a PC mobo did this recently for an issue with cpu cooler clamps or something.

Like how one time Moto threw in the keyboard with raised keys on some models of the Droid 1 last year. No heads up or anything.

Or maybe like some have said the release will get pushed back. I gotta believe if this came up in testing it has to be taken care of before release.

jaycemiskel, I believed you in that other thread. I may have been one of the few who did. I've been hanging out at howard forums since the E815 days and finally joined when the Shadow/Droid x rumor threads were alive n kicking. I think I did an actual NOOOOOO!!! face palm when I saw you post it in the other thread.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
At least you have choices wingdo. I want to stick with a Motorola product......

Perhaps this will be a blessing of sorts when the Droid 3 is released as stock Android w/ an unlocked bootloader : )

Stock Android is a possibility unlocked bootloader is wishful thinking based off of Moto's retraction. Just thought I'd put that out there

Well there is a "Pure Google Experience" phone coming. I would think the Motorola Droid 3 would be a prime candidate for such a thing, no? A Nexus Droid maybe? :)

But I too want to stick with Motorola. Better hardware quality, reliable call quality, best battery life out of all Android Smartphones, and really try to have the most cutting edge tech in their phones. Its kinda hard to resist Motorola's phones, regardless of their stance on locked boot loaders.

bokajay

Reaction score
I think that these "flaws" are caused when the phone is on the LTE network, i noticed at the 4G LTE Verizon event that the Thunderbolt was using the LTE network, and Moto reps kept saying that the Bionic was a preproduction version not on the LTE network yet. A few were even in airplane mode to avoid going on the network. Just an observation.

Aram58

Reaction score
I think that these "flaws" are caused when the phone is on the LTE network, i noticed at the 4G LTE Verizon event that the Thunderbolt was using the LTE network, and Moto reps kept saying that the Bionic was a preproduction version not on the LTE network yet. A few were even in airplane mode to avoid going on the network. Just an observation.

I hope your right because that's fixable. I've been saving my upgrade since november for this phone. If it turns out to be a fail, I WILL kill myself.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bokajay

Reaction score

I hope your right because that's fixable. I've been saving my upgrade since november for this phone. If it turns out to be a fail, I WILL kill myself.

I have 3 upgrades Ive been saving. I know I am not going to like the 4G data plan prices so i'm thinking about getting another 3G android phone (have the Incredible, might get a Droid X or Droid 2 for cheap) as a backup, so I can keep the grandfathered unlimited data plan because its only a matter of time when that changes. Then just get a wifi only dual-core tablet for my tech fix.

If and when I do get 4G it's got to be dual-core otherwise its not really worth it.. so that rules out the Thunderbolt. So I am hoping these "flaws" are false, fixable by Moto or by community developers.

altimax98

Reaction score
Man....too much conflicting info to make am educated decision. Looks like Ill have my D1 forever.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Seriously though......all my considerations and ponderings about what phone to get next always end in my head with "but its just not my D1" :-(

Same thing I say everytime I consider my upgrade in a couple months. It's not a OG Droid. I just keep considering buying up a few OG Droids on Craigslist and have a D1 forever :)

-Dubsky

I got my wife a incredible on my annual upgrade (before 1/16 :) ) and am able to upgrade line 2 in september... Hopefully the t2 phones will be out or the T3 or T2D will be here... I'm a huge motorola fan, but think I will defect to LG... They have done promising stuff recently...... Meanwhile until then I took my wifes D1 is added to my collection.

On a side note, her old D1 flat keyboard and different colored leds on the bottom overclocks like a beast.. 1275mhz on a slv kernel lol.. mine needed stock voltage to hit 1ghz... Needless to say I switched to her phone :)

Sent from one of those missing Droids

bizzshow

Reaction score
This makes me sad seeing its to late for them to change it I wonder what they will do release the phones on time then make a revision 2 and what's going to happen with those with revision 1, free upgrade to revision 2, or are you stuck. Just rambles from a tired man. But this does make me want to get the tb for a year and wait for the manufactures to sort this stuff out

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
At least you have choices wingdo. I want to stick with a Motorola product......

Perhaps this will be a blessing of sorts when the Droid 3 is released as stock Android w/ an unlocked bootloader : )

Stock Android is a possibility unlocked bootloader is wishful thinking based off of Moto's retraction. Just thought I'd put that out there

:icon_eek: dag gummit! does this mean we ARE NOT getting the bionic now CK? rawr!

Aram58

Reaction score
I think they should have left the droid 1,2,3,4,... as vanilla android and put a skinned ui on the incredible, bionic, x etc.

I'd prefer that every android phone was vanilla but they should at least leave the numbered phones as vanilla. Then they could name the ui's as incredisense, xblur/blurex, and bioblur. I would want the bionic even more if the ui was named "bioblur" instead of blur.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well good news but take it with a grain of salt. Another insider has posted that he believes the PMU issues will be resolved in the near future such as today or this week. So hopefully they can get it all sorted out.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just for the record...I am kbman on Hofo. :)

so, what say you? ;) is the prevailing attitude at Moto that this is fixable or unfixable (i saw Winston's post earlier today)? do you think the release date will get pushed back; or, are they going to press forward and try to correct the issue for subsequent production runs?

as they say, it's not what you know, it's who you know -- unfortunately, i'm lacking in both... :)