Droid Bionics "unfixable flaw"?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
At least you have choices wingdo. I want to stick with a Motorola product......

Perhaps this will be a blessing of sorts when the Droid 3 is released as stock Android w/ an unlocked bootloader : )

Stock Android is a possibility unlocked bootloader is wishful thinking based off of Moto's retraction. Just thought I'd put that out there

:icon_eek: dag gummit! does this mean we ARE NOT getting the bionic now CK? rawr!
I'm getting both :p

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least you have choices wingdo. I want to stick with a Motorola product......

Perhaps this will be a blessing of sorts when the Droid 3 is released as stock Android w/ an unlocked bootloader : )

Stock Android is a possibility unlocked bootloader is wishful thinking based off of Moto's retraction. Just thought I'd put that out there

:icon_eek: dag gummit! does this mean we ARE NOT getting the bionic now CK? rawr!
I'm getting both :p

i'm sorry kook - what did you say?? i was still picturing Cakes "rawr"ing like a cougar...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ut oh!

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Just for the record...I am kbman on Hofo. :)

I figured as much. I noticed that you said over there that you were known as Cell Zealot also. So are you hearing the same thing as Winston?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Here's a great article on Engadget regarding this "issue":

Editorial: bugs on unreleased phones don't matter -- Engadget

Basically, let's just wait and see.

Thank You Great find!!!! We are getting in uproar for an phone that is not even released yet are still in testing phases.. Already people are jumping of the the Bionic train and Atrix Train... We need to wait to find out if it is true or not... not because it was posted on another forum...

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a great article on Engadget regarding this "issue":

Editorial: bugs on unreleased phones don't matter -- Engadget

Basically, let's just wait and see.

in general, i agree with the position in the article that we should wait and see what happens. i'm a big Moto fan, like their phones, and hope they get it right with this phone.

but here's my issue: that article is merely an editorial opinion on how things "should" go, and is not based on any fact or precedent. when i look at the situation, i see that Sanjay Jha started talking about this phone back in June '10 - so it's been in development for quite a while. at CES, Moto said the phone would come out in Q2, but the phone they demo'd was far from a finished product. now, just a couple months before the phone is supposed to release, it appears there is a serious flaw.

now, i don't know much about Moto's engineering and production capabilities. but, it seems to me that "peeling back the layers" (as talked about in the article) to find and fix the issue, and then ready the phone for mass production, will be awfully hard to accomplish in a couple months.

this is purely personal opinion (much like the editorial), but i would expect a delayed release. i certainly hope that i'm wrong, tho....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the problem can not be fixed then I will go with the LG Dual Core....

If it's a problem that can't be fixed with current production, then i just don't see them releasing it on time. There is no way that moto would allow for such a disaster to go out and ruin the company. Let's just say for a minute the phones did go out, it would ruin the rep of the company so much so that i'm sure it would most likely not recover from it. As stated in the article, moto mobility just won it's independence and to release something like that, would most likely spell their doom. Even if the company did have to delay the release of it, and was straight forward as to the reasons why, at least they are honest and don't want to ship a faulty device, but to release a product with known defaults would not go over well.

CellZealot

Reaction score
I would listen to Winston25...I have said pretty much what I can at this point.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I have 3 questions.. Where is the proof that this problem exist? Has Motorola said anything? Have the commercials been pulled yet for the Atrix? I am still seeing the commercial.