Droid Bionics "unfixable flaw"?

wingdo

Reaction score
I would listen to Winston25...I have said pretty much what I can at this point.

I for one am not arguing with either you or winston25. However, as I stated early on in this thread and has just been repeated, if Moto *chooses* to release these phones when they get to hot to handle just sitting idle, I for one fear it is something Motorola Mobility will not be able to overcome. Not that I am a doom and gloomer, but for a long time in their recent history they have been known for launching POS phones, and the D1 changed all that and helped save the cell division. If they go back to releasing slop that doesn't work, they will be run over by other companies and MM will fail.

I certainly hope that Moto does what needs to be done to release a proper flagship phone.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 3 questions.. Where is the proof that this problem exist? Has Motorola said anything? Have the commercials been pulled yet for the Atrix? I am still seeing the commercial.

didn't stop the Storm 1 from coming out... lol

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I have 3 questions.. Where is the proof that this problem exist? Has Motorola said anything? Have the commercials been pulled yet for the Atrix? I am still seeing the commercial.

True!!
But a Different company.. We did not hear about the problems until after the release.. I just want some kind of proof.. I am not going to go through what i went through with the Storm... i just want some kind of proof that this problem exits. Before jumping to conclusions about the Bionic... And by the way Bell is eying March 17th as the launch date for their version of the highly anticipated Motorola ATRIX.

wingdo

Reaction score
The short answer is, don't buy either one of them for the first week to ten days. If there is a major flaw, it'll have surfaced by then.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

True!!
But a Different company.. We did not hear about the problems until after the release.. I just want some kind of proof.. I am not going to go through what i went through with the Storm... i just want some kind of proof that this problem exits. Before jumping to conclusions about the Bionic... And by the way Bell is eying March 17th as the launch date for their version of the highly anticipated Motorola ATRIX.

i hear ya! like i said, i'm a big Moto fan, and i really hope they get this right - IF there is a problem, i hope they don't just push it out anyway. i want it to be a true flagship phone, even IF it means a pushed back release.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
now, i don't know much about Moto's engineering and production capabilities. but, it seems to me that "peeling back the layers" (as talked about in the article) to find and fix the issue, and then ready the phone for mass production, will be awfully hard to accomplish in a couple months.

this is purely personal opinion (much like the editorial), but i would expect a delayed release. i certainly hope that i'm wrong, tho....

I don't think there is any question of the vailidity of the alleged flaw. I certainly wasn't doubting it. My point of posting the link, and that of the article, is there has been no promised release date and we should assume that MOTO is working on correcting the problem. A delayed release would indicate we know when the device will hit shelves. Opinion or not, the phone isn't in consumers hands nor do really know when that will happen.

EDIT: They just updated the article with the following.

"Update: Good news -- Motorola just dropped us a line to say that "that there are no overheating issues and the products will ship as scheduled." Huzzah!"

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don't disagree with you. i guess my point was that Moto represented/indicated a Q2 release (which would mean a release before 6/30), and i don't know if that would still be possible (assuming the flaw exists). so, when i say "delayed release date," i mean to wonder whether the release will now be sometime in Q3, or whether they can still get it out in Q2 (again assuming the flaw exists).

in the past, Moto has had some big releases in the summer months (DX and D2), but my impression is that they want to get the Bionic out well before then.

Mortiel

Reaction score
Lets face it. You all are delusional if you think there is a such thing as an "un-fixable flaw" in the tech industry. Motorola would be out of business years years ago if they practiced business like that.

Yes, there may currently be flaws. Will they refuse to fix them by launch? Don't be stupid.

Motorola even made a statement to Engadget that there well be no such bugs, which means either all this is fiction, or that they are fixing the bugs. My money is on the latter.

http://tinyurl.com/4f2x8kv

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
winston has already said the issue will be fixed so you can bet on that happening.

Maybe xbernaut did this on purpose : ) He knew it would blow up and get some "press" even Moto responded

Regardless, the problem should be fixed and everyone will live happily ever after

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets face it. You all are delusional if you think there is a such thing as an "un-fixable flaw" in the tech industry. Motorola would be out of business years years ago if they practiced business like that.

Yes, there may currently be flaws. Will they refuse to fix them by launch? Don't be stupid.

Motorola even made a statement to Engadget that there well be no such bugs, which means either all this is fiction, or that they are fixing the bugs. My money is on the latter.

Editorial: bugs on unreleased phones don't matter (update: Motorola says phones will 'ship as scheduled') -- Engadget

i think most everyone was hoping and advocating for Moto to not release a flawed phone, and to do whatever was necessary (even if it meant delaying a release beyond what Moto had planned) to fix any problems.

but, the primary reason for my post was to remind you that Respect is rule No. 1 on the Forum. you can express your opinions without calling anyone else's opinion stupid or delusional. thanks!

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

When that source says something exist's you can bet it exists. Yes, Motortola has said something (denied obviously), No idea about the commercials I haven't been watching much tv : )

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Or this was one big PR stunt : )

as in the issue was in fact real early on in development and was fixed.

This got a lot of traction and got everyone talking. Not a bad thing : )

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
did we really think Moto was going to acknowledge a problem of its highly tauted new flagship phone, coming on the heels of its "buy somewhere else" fiasco?? so, there's 3 possibilities:

1. no flaw existed to begin with;
2. there is a flaw, and Moto is fixing it; or
3. Moto will release with a flaw.

i'm hoping for #1 or #2!! ;)