Reaction score

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Like you said they're just rumors. Though I have to say that the projected Thunderbolt release date was pretty on time, though I did hear it would release in Feb from some sources

slinky

Reaction score
Like you said they're just rumors. Though I have to say that the projected Thunderbolt release date was pretty on time, though I did hear it would release in Feb from some sources

I wonder how mad HTC would be after weeks of delays and losing weeks of first mover advantages.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL yes I'm sure the low level verizon employee is in the know on things like this. i need to make an android website and just publish false rumors all day...my traffic would be amazing i'm sure...

EgooEspada

Reaction score
HTC unlocked bootloader or Moto Bionic locked bootloader?

The irony of that statement is the Thunderbolt was the most locked down HTC phone to date.

Like I've been saying, a late April release wont surprise me. BMX said himself in two hints it was meant for late April (after Passover).

Sent from my Droid

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What does "several" weeks mean? 4? 8? 6 weeks puts us early May, which is only a week or two before what was originally projected. This guy throws out at least 2-3 fairly vague "tips" open to interpretation that pretty much cover the entire quarter and then people think he's plugged in when inevitably one of his tips pans out.

And aside from LTE, it's basically the Atrix (less the Webtop feature). So I see no reason this shouldn't be out in 4-6 weeks. However, I always assumed the LTC and Samsung (both single core LTE?) phones would come next before the Bionic.

Detonation

Reaction score
I was at a Verizon store this weekend checking out the thunderbolt. The rep I was talking to saw that I had a Droid X and commented that if I like Motorola, I should wait a little longer because there will be even better phones coming out soon. So at least that lines about with the stories being posted here.

Snow02

Reaction score
There were a couple of articles posted recently that claim the bionic will actually sport the webtop software, contrary to what was initially said at CES.

I forget which sites these were on, but google should pull them up.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There were a couple of articles posted recently that claim the bionic will actually sport the webtop software, contrary to what was initially said at CES.

I hope not. The Atrix uses half it's availible RAM to run the WebTop. The Bionic already has less RAM than the Atrix.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Locked bootloader is not an issue. As everyone now knows, DroidX bootloader has finally been compromised. I hope Bionic's spec for Ram will be upgraded before release tho.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Locked bootloader is not an issue. As everyone now knows, DroidX bootloader has finally been compromised. I hope Bionic's spec for Ram will be upgraded before release tho.
Potentially compromised....there's not hard evidence yet. Also I've read that Motorola used a different encryption on it's newer phones so the method for the DX might not work on the Bionic.

scion676

Reaction score

I hope not. The Atrix uses half it's availible RAM to run the WebTop. The Bionic already has less RAM than the Atrix.

The Bionic has DDR2 Ram, the Atrix does not. I doubt this will be as much of an issue as everyone is making it out to be...