Droid Bionic vs Droid 3

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I call b/s on stock 2.4

I mean, c'mon, really?

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

Actually the DX2, D3 and Incredible 2 are said to be releasing this year and one if them is going to be stock Android. Now that the specs are out for the DX2 that leaves either the D3 or Incredible 2 running stock android.

Its a pretty safe bet this is good info.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was planning on the Bionic but then got excited about a D3 maybe having more RAM than the Bionic has.

If the D3 doesn't have LTE though, what's the point? :(

darkmatter

Reaction score
I call b/s on stock 2.4

I mean, c'mon, really?

Actually the DX2, D3 and Incredible 2 are said to be releasing this year and one if them is going to be stock Android. Now that the specs are out for the DX2 that leaves either the D3 or Incredible 2 running stock android.

Its a pretty safe bet this is good info.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was planning on the Bionic but then got excited about a D3 maybe having more RAM than the Bionic has.

If the D3 doesn't have LTE though, what's the point? :(

Where I live, att got 3g a couple months ago, tmobile still doesn't have it. Fortunately verizon has had 3g here at least as long as I've been here. I'm not counting on 4g here until after my next phone.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I call b/s on stock 2.4

I mean, c'mon, really?

Guess you'll just have to sit back and see huh.

@CK I heard that a Google Experience phone by Motorola was coming, but not till late fall. All these devices are coming so fast and are confusing . Lol.

Sent from my Droid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
@Egoo the handsets are coming out at a fast and furious pace for sure. What's interesting, to me at least, is that I'm still not overly impressed with anything. Bionic looks great but it doesn't knock my socks off. A vanilla Android device on the other hand would get my attention :)

Droid-->Ether-->This Thread

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't care about LTE so I am going with the D3. LTE is great and all but it can't even compare with the MPLS I connect to at work or the 50mb down I connect to at home.

So to answer the what's the point question.....DUAL CORE DROID DUDE.

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Im still calling bs on vanilla ice cream sandwich coming from any moto phone.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Think of it more like Google's phone and Motorola is the supplier. Like the original Droid.

Sent from my Droid

patfactorx

Reaction score
Look at Droid 2 vs X.

If the trend continues then Droid 3 will be a bionic with a keyboard and the TI OMAP dual core chip

rgn2000

Reaction score
BMX also tweeted this shortly after the D3 - Rise of the Mobile tweet. Here it is..

Twitter

This guy is spot on correct about everything, even the hints about the fruit phone coming to Verizon. I just cannot believe the D3 would not be made my Motorola. We will soon find out.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If current trends are any indication, the rumored Google developer phone will be disappointing as far as specs.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the last i heard was that ICS would be 2.4, and would be geared toward making the HC OS work on phones... it didn't make much sense to me - having the "H" be 3.0, and then going back to 2.4 for the letter "I". but that's the rumors...

on the D3, i was hoping for a lot better upgrade on the pkb. the pics leaked recently do indicate some improvements, and i like the dedicated number keys row (presumably because there is more room in light of a 4" screen). but still, i was hoping for something more...

if i had to choose right now, it would be the D3 over the Bionic (and probably even the Atrix). but i'm going to wait and see what the Targa has in store (DX body, with LTE and maybe a quad core???) - that thing looks sexy! i'm betting that either the D3 or the Targa will be a pure Google/Nexus 3 device, and that might just be the deciding factor for me.

edit: just posted a minute before my post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/132910-more-pics-droid-3-leaked.html

Last edited:

darkmatter

Reaction score
Yea, current rumor = droid3 with dual core and vanilla android? Sounds like pure win to me.

Kineo

Reaction score
New Poem Time… Hypebeast Hangover….RT THIS… | Rants, Opinions and the confessions of a Tech addict… our favorite panda strikes again could he be saying that the DROID3 is LTE. please be LTE please please please!!!! LOL

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Huskerkate. Im wondering if the Targa is the new Nexus device as well. Htc and Samsung have had their turns and Motorola would logically be next up. Pure speculation of course but it would sure be nice to finally get a dev device on Verizon.

Sent from my Droid