Droid Bionic Stuck in boot loop after deleting /system

Noname37

Reaction score
Hey guys.. Yeah I did something idiotic.

I was going to install a custom ROM and was following a guide. I deleted Dalvik Cache, regular Cache, and /system.

I then went to flash the phone, unfortunately I couldn't find the update.zip and so stupidly I restarted the phone thinking I'd just move the file onto my external SD card and then re-try.

Unfortunately now I'm stuck on a boot loop. My phone was at 15% battery.. and I have no idea when the phone charges.

If I power the phone completely off (by removing the battery), slide the battery back in and plug it into a wall charger, will it charge so I can then flash it?

Thanks.

OP
N

Noname37

Reaction score
No battery image is coming up for me unfortunatly.

So your method was:

Unplug battery -> plug phone in with micro USB to wall outlet -> plug battery in?

zachdroid

Reaction score
No battery image is coming up for me unfortunatly.

So your method was:

Unplug battery -> plug phone in with micro USB to wall outlet -> plug battery in?

On rootzwiki dhacker put together a one click fastboot for that situation.

Edit: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?6457-One-click-fastboot-restore-to-recover-from-bootloop-or-softbrick

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

BuckyN8

Reaction score
I did the same thing, but I was fortunate enough to be able to return it back to stock on a full battery. Hope you get everything figured out.

zachdroid

Reaction score
Did you try going back into recovery and reflashing the rom?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Terri M

Reaction score
Hey guys.. Yeah I did something idiotic.

I was going to install a custom ROM and was following a guide. I deleted Dalvik Cache, regular Cache, and /system.

I then went to flash the phone, unfortunately I couldn't find the update.zip and so stupidly I restarted the phone thinking I'd just move the file onto my external SD card and then re-try.

Unfortunately now I'm stuck on a boot loop. My phone was at 15% battery.. and I have no idea when the phone charges.

If I power the phone completely off (by removing the battery), slide the battery back in and plug it into a wall charger, will it charge so I can then flash it?

Thanks.

Try using this method: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php...restore-to-recover-from-bootloop-or-softbrick

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button when someone helps you!

O2VW1.8T

Reaction score
good luck mine wouldnt charge the phone at all, my battery was low when i tried to flash also and messed it up. Had to get a new phone and im going to charge the battery to fix the bricked phone.

O2VW1.8T

Reaction score
Got my new phone and charged the batter to 40%, put that battery in my bricked phone and reflashed it to stock and it worked. So if you try to do these roms keep your batter above 80%.