Droid and microSD card

gimlet72

Reaction score
About a week ago my microSD card died which really sucks since now I lost all my pictures. How common has this been with the free card that came with the phone. Has this happened to you?

Domestic violence

Reaction score
mine crapped out. lost all pics. VZW sent me a new card/adapter/reader via FedEx and i was also given a loaner SD card by the store to use while i waited for the delivery.

camera wont work without the card.

Leung

Reaction score
wow that's pretty scary. I better get a different card then because i'd hate to lose all my data on it.

Reaction score
Mine too a dump also and I had to have Verizon send me a new one. I also lost a bunch of pictures.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I took the 16 gb card that came with my original Droid and put it into my new Droid X. Worked fine for me. Sold my original Droid with the 16gb card that came with my Drd X. No issues either way.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the future its a good idea to copy your sd to your pc just in case of the inevitable corruption of data. Then you can just import it back. Sorry to hear about it!

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

thinman72069

Reaction score
Better back up those 16gb cards that came with the X's. Mine died too about a month ago and lost everything. Nightmare.
Took it in to vzn and they exchanged it for a 32gb and I only had to shell out $30 for my trouble.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Switched out my 16gb from my of droid to my dx...works fine...ecept i cant access my gallery anymore...have to get to pics from file system.

Leung

Reaction score
what you guys got 16gig cards with your phone? i only got an 8gig.

droid doctor

Reaction score
Currently I have the one that came with the phone but before that I damaged my other one that I switched it out with.

Reaction score
No i got an 8 with the D1...an 2 in my DX...bought a 16 to put in the D1...but when I upgraded I out the 16 in my DX

sajgel

Reaction score
@Leung- yes they changed the size of sd card that came with the DX when they dropped the price.
I have my pics saved on my computer,a flash drive and to a cloud server and also spent the money to actually develop the pics.

fisterkev

Reaction score
I put a 32 GB in there immediately, put the 16 GB it came with in the wife's phone... Hope it doesn't crap out on her.

jengas kahn

Reaction score
mine crapped out. lost all pics. VZW sent me a new card/adapter/reader via FedEx and i was also given a loaner SD card by the store to use while i waited for the delivery.

camera wont work without the card.

i never thought a person's user name, avatar, and phone model could creep me out as much as yours. you sound like the type of guy who runs a "children's photo studio" out of his big dirty white van.