Droid adobe 10.1 flash player

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Once this is out the first post will be: "How do I block flash because it is slowing down the loading of web pages in my browser"?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once this is out the first post will be: "How do I block flash because it is slowing down the loading of web pages in my browser"?

really shouldn't slow down the browser too terribly. imobilecinema on the ipod touch was pretty fast... even though it only worked on a limited # of websites

Silver Member
Reaction score
well the point of flash is to deliver multimedia content to browsers without significant bandwidth overhead, which it does an OK job with, but it's not perfect.

there will be some slow-age that will take place.

ntime

Reaction score
Flash Player Changes

In the 10.1 release of Flash Player, things have been significantly optimized for mobile devices to ensure it performs well. It even knows things like if the particular flash content is actually off screen (i.e. on the bottom of the page you have not scrolled to yet) and won't waste CPU cycles playing it unless you scroll down.

It also has full gesture and touch support so there will be some really great interaction on the droid.

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^ that sounds pretty sweet. i'm really excited for flash. it will pretty much complete my DROID experience. :D

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the 10.1 release of Flash Player, things have been significantly optimized for mobile devices to ensure it performs well. It even knows things like if the particular flash content is actually off screen (i.e. on the bottom of the page you have not scrolled to yet) and won't waste CPU cycles playing it unless you scroll down.

It also has full gesture and touch support so there will be some really great interaction on the droid.

Exactly. This is what all the fuss is about. The 10.1 Flash player has been optimized for the mobile market!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Flash is fluff, and if anything liek the PC versions, we'll be getting patch after patch after patch ....

I'm not saying I'm against it, but damn there are so many issues with it to begin with.

firefoxumana

Reaction score
[video=youtube;p8wuJ129d0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8wuJ129d0w"]When this is ready, it will be an awesome experience using my :motdroidhoriz:[/video]

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So sweet. Now all those 'blank' spots on webpages will finally display the images/graphics! :icon_ banana:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bcs game on the droid

with flash probably will be able to watch the bcs game via droid

24 BAMA
21 TEXAS

BostonBill

Reaction score
He mentions the speedy snapdragon in particular. how do you think it will run on the Droid?