Droid A8500 Data Usaage??

gdoane

Reaction score
You are correct. The 'unlimited' data plan for smartphones IS unlimited. The 5gb cap applies to folks who get a data plan and wireless card for their laptop.
Your not even really capped just that is the amount of data that your broadband plan is priced at after the 5GB you go to a pay per megabyte at $.05 a megabyte. you can still keep using you just have to pay for your overages same as if you go over your minutes.

I don't get how anyone could go over their minutes.

I get 11 phone numbers, unlimited calling. Verizon to Verizon calls, unlimited calling. Unlimited nights. Unlimited weekends.

I've got 10 days left of this billing cycle and I've used a grand total of 18 "anytime" minutes. Less than a minute a day. I've got a 500 minute plan so I'd have to talk on the phone for 8 hours between now and Wednesday after next to people off my Circle list to be anywhere near in danger of being charged for going over my minutes.

I do have a work cell phone (used for work, of course) so that probably cuts my minutes down a bit because the only time I use my Droid is when Nextel's crummy coverage makes the Motorola i730 about as useful as a brick with a color screen.

And I have a landline phone at home because it's basically free with the cable internet and TV package and wouldn't save me much to drop it.

I don't really use the Droid as a cell phone much at all. If I'm at home, my Uniden cordless phones are a lot more comfy.

Unless somebody goes cell-phone-only for telephone communications, and I really doubt anybody forking out the kind of change for a Droid would, I don't think going over the minutes is a problem.