Droid A8500 Data Usaage??

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by tigerpilot1, Jan 19, 2010.

1. cheapboy

cheapboy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, i have to say i am on page plus too, and 50 mb data is not enough, even with wifi connection at home & work, but u cant really beat the price. and I also noticed the occasional data usage even when I'm connected to WiFi. It annoyed me so much that I keep playing around with the phone and found the solution.

It is bcos ur wifi turned off when ur screen goes to sleep, what you can do is go to settings, wireless & networks, wifi setting, and hit the menu button, and choose advanced. you can select 'always keep my wifi on'. Now, no more occasional data usage, but it does use more battery power. anyway, hope it helps!

2. blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :? beat the price? hmm? you bought the droid... knowing its a data hungry phone... beating the price is like. not it at all... you have the droid. so expect to pay more.. if you have such a tight budget then the droid is simply not for you... im not being mean or anything im just saying. its not THAT much lower of a price to cripple the best phone out there. its basically just a beast phone at home. or at "work" if you have wifi there. i know im not either at work or home all the time. even though it is a lot of the time. but still. 50mb is beyond death to the droid. i would be scared at 1gb.

if you cant afford verizon and the fees that go with the droid then you shouldnt really have it... imo.

so yeah. take no offense from this.

3. aacanela73

aacanela73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used 303 MB last month and no extra charges. When you pay 30 on verizons plan for unlimited data that is what it means for smartphones

4. billyidle

billyidle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could give the same advice to yourself if your parents weren't subsidizing...

5. aacanela73

aacanela73 Member

Ratings:
    +0

6. oCrashandBurno

oCrashandBurno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used 5.2 gigs just surfing the web, downloading, etc directly through my phone so that would be no-where near enough for me, but when Im doing stuff Im still on my phone 24/7 hahahaha

7. gdoane

gdoane Member

Ratings:
    +0

Search tags for this page

how to get unlimited data on page plus#gsc.tab

motolora a8500

motorola droid a855 check data usage

page plus unlimited data hack