Droid 4 Sensor Disabled w/ ICS? - No more in-pocket detection or QWERTY backlight!?

droid4lover

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with ICS on my new Droid 4:

It seems that I can't find an option to enable in-pocket detection on my phone. Additionally, the backlights on the physical keyboard do not turn on in the dark, or when I put my thumb over the sensor near the front-facing camera. I can't see my keyboard now!

Is anyone else having these problems? Did ICS disable the sensor for both in-pocket detection and auto-keyboard backlighting in the dark?

If so (dammit!), are there any apps that will re-enable the functionality of these things? Or, are there just settings somewhere on the phone that I have yet to find?

Thanks for the help!

-D4L

tippylaboo

Reaction score
I haven't had any luck with the in-pocket protection, i can't even find an on off for it, seems they removed it from the display settings.

garybracket

Reaction score
agreed

My backlight on my keyboard is also gone, the only way to make it work is to open the Brightest Flash Light app. After that, it will stay on till I turn the screen off again.. Whoopdeedoo. The in-pocket detection is also gone on my Droid 4 after the update. Not only that, my e-mail no longer works (always empty, even for the last 4 days, nevermind the fact that I have 20 emails in my email that I can see from my PC), the sync settings for email are GONE (can't adjust when to sync). No e-mail, no backlight, no in-pocket detection. I Factory Reset my phone, and nothing, now I get to reinstall apps and reapply peoples' contact photos. This update looks and feels AWESOME, but to make my phone useless in the dark when I'm in bed (which is the only time I use it other than at work), why? What is the point?