Case problem (face sensor)

ehopper302

Reaction score
My wife purchased a two piece snap on hard case with a soft touch finish and now she is having a problem. She came to me and said when she makes a call her screen goes blank and she can't end the call. I tried it out and I got the same results. So I took off the case and the problem went away. So I remembered that there is a sensor that detects your face near the phone and turns off the screen. The hole for the face detector was in the right spot and showing plenty of the sensor. I tried enlarging the sensor hole in the case by drilling to about the max size I could with out interfering with the ear speaker slot and I still had the same results. This was a cheap but quality looking and feeling case we purchased off ebay. So my question is. Do all cases like this cause this problem? Would a slip on jelly like case do the same thing?

posey46

Reaction score
I have a slip on case and I have not had this issue with my eris. It was one of the cases sold in the verizon store so I can't help you with what might be available on ebay or other locations.

fentos

Reaction score
I ordered the Seidio Innocase II Surface Case from Amazon. It's a hard shelled case that protects the phone really well, yet doesn't add a lot of bulk. It's a simple snap together design for easy installation and removal. I've had it about 2 weeks and haven't had any problems with phone calls, or the touching of any buttons. The detector sensor has never acted up with this case on. It's a little pricey compared to others, but to me it was worth it, especially since it seems some cheaper cases can have the issues like you stated.