Droid 4 does not detect any sim card

jjones0377

Reaction score
I received this Droid 4 in a lot of phones and am having troubles figuring this one out.

Ive looked around the web, found a few similar problems, but i cant get mine to work.

The Droid will not detect any sim card installed into it. Ive tried the following:

-Removing the battery for a period of time.
-Removed and reinserted sim card multiple times
-Positioned the sim card in a milliion different ways, rebooted each attempt.
-Hard reset
-Soft reset
-Hold power / volume down
-Start in safe mode
-fastboot
-just reboot

Im nearing the end of my options here, not sure what else to do. There has been no water damage to the phone, all indicators are clean

Please help!!!

Reaction score
Warranty it out... but you already opened the case and removed the battery? I think you might have a bad ESN that's been reported. Take it to a Cricket dealership, or some other shop of less than sterling reputation, have them take the phone on and flash it. Might be your only hope, Obi-Wan.

schatzy62

Reaction score
-Removing the battery for a period of time.

Please help!!!

So your removed the battery on a phone that does not have a removable battery. That's very strange.

You would need a soldering iron and a few other tools to get the battery out and that would be a real waste of time on a NEW phone.

Are you sure it is a Droid 4?

OP
J

jjones0377

Reaction score
So your removed the battery on a phone that does not have a removable battery. That's very strange.

You would need a soldering iron and a few other tools to get the battery out and that would be a real waste of time on a NEW phone.

Are you sure it is a Droid 4?

The battery says "not removable" but if you peel back the sticker, there is a battery connector with 2 screws on it, and there is some sticky tape under the bottom of the battery itself. it was not that hard to remove.

yes its a Droid 4. Its not warrantied, as im not the original owner. It was just sold in a lot of phones to me. The ESN is clean. Already called Verizon and checked it to verify.

Im just not sure what else to do, i may get my soldering iron out, and make sure all the sim contacts are still secured to the board properly, but may flash it first to another carrier.

davidb4775

Reaction score
Trying to remember. Doesn't one have to "register" the sim card on the vzw website?

Last edited: