Droid 3 and the ice cream sandwich

Fr33dom

Reaction score
It very much depends what shell is installed atop android. HTC sense for example struggles with 768MB on Gingerbread, they even refused to update Desire Z due to lack of enough memory to run Sense properly. Motorola's shell (BLUR) is not as heavy, but not as light as Sony's. D3 already struggles for RAM on Gingerbread. Those "screen reloads" people are complaining are direct result from RAM hunger.
We'll see, I guess.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I'd argue that this is a misnomer since the OS doesn't kill preloaded apps often enough for ram to be an issue.

Blur suffers from the same thing that sense does in one general way. Hardware manufacturers want pizazz, and pizazz consumes CPU cycles, especially when the hardware manufacturer is focused mainly on hardware and pizazz.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Its probably not the software since it seems to be working for everyone (myself included). Try going into accounts, and stop all syncs, then start them up again. Or remove, then re-add your relevant account in the account options of the phone.

Its getting confusing in here with multiple threads running at the same time. Or perhaps its just a sign of my age.