Droid 3 & 4

chunter19

Reaction score
I have never created a post and hope I am doing it correctly.I need some advice I am using a droid 3 right now thinking of purchasing a droid 4 but this one does not have a sims cards will my droid3 sims card fit.Or should I make sure the 4 have it's own sim card?

GigaJake

Reaction score
It might be easier to answer if you clarified what network you're running.

The Droid 3 has a standard sim slot and the Droid 4 has a micro-sim slot. For Verizon customers, like myself, the sim card in the D3 is useless. It only becomes active when using international GSM networks. The micro-sim in my D4 is my Verizon 4G LTE sim card, so it is important.

If you're using Verizon's CDMA network, you don't need to worry about the sim from the D3. You'll be issued a LTE sim card when you buy a 4g data plan.

If you're using a GSM network, then yes. You'll need to make sure your sim fits by either getting a micro-sim card for your network or cutting your existing sim card down to size.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
chunter19

chunter19

Reaction score
My service provider Page Plus, works with just about all Verizon Phones in my area,I'm on a 3G network.

mattjenn

Reaction score
Check to make sure they can flash droid 4 on latest jelly bean update to work on page plus some 4g phones cannot be flashed to pageplus. A friend of mine had a galaxy nexus and he couldn't find anyone who could flash it to page plus