1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

droid 4 can i do this

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by outerbanker1, Feb 10, 2013.

1. outerbanker1

outerbanker1 New Member

have a droid 2 and just bought a moto droid 4 from a friend. am planning on using on pageplus after gettin someone to flash, but can i use a sd card instead of the sim card. if so, do i use it [sd] when i have the phone activated by pageplus. thanks for any info. new to all of this, but doing a lot of reading.
  2. GigaJake

GigaJake New Member

I haven't dealt with flashing to different carriers on the Droid 4, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. A sim card and a sd card are completely different things, and are not interchangeable. Sd cards are for storage, and sim cards for network data.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I can't think of a single way to make a sd card function like a sim card.

Sorry

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
  3. outerbanker1

outerbanker1 New Member

no, i am not trying to make a sd function like a sim. can i take the sim out and put in sd for more storage. droid 4 only comes with 8gb
  4. GigaJake

GigaJake New Member

The droid 4 has both a micro-sim and micro-sd slot. You don't need to sacrifice one for another.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
  5. outerbanker1

outerbanker1 New Member

that is what got me to ask this question, i can only find one slot to put the sim or sd in. i know where you put the sim in, where for the sd? ok, found it. thanks for the help, found this post and it did the trick:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-tech-support/202582-where-microsd-card-slot.html
Search tags for this page

droid 4 sd card slot

micro sd and micro sim difference droid 4

what can the droid 4 do