droid 4 can i do this

outerbanker1

Reaction score
have a droid 2 and just bought a moto droid 4 from a friend. am planning on using on pageplus after gettin someone to flash, but can i use a sd card instead of the sim card. if so, do i use it [sd] when i have the phone activated by pageplus. thanks for any info. new to all of this, but doing a lot of reading.

GigaJake

Reaction score
I haven't dealt with flashing to different carriers on the Droid 4, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. A sim card and a sd card are completely different things, and are not interchangeable. Sd cards are for storage, and sim cards for network data.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I can't think of a single way to make a sd card function like a sim card.

Sorry

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
O

outerbanker1

Reaction score
I haven't dealt with flashing to different carriers on the Droid 4, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. A sim card and a sd card are completely different things, and are not interchangeable. Sd cards are for storage, and sim cards for network data.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I can't think of a single way to make a sd card function like a sim card.

Sorry

no, i am not trying to make a sd function like a sim. can i take the sim out and put in sd for more storage. droid 4 only comes with 8gb

GigaJake

Reaction score
The droid 4 has both a micro-sim and micro-sd slot. You don't need to sacrifice one for another.

OP
O

outerbanker1

Reaction score