droid 2

driodman

Reaction score
ok i have the original droid and was wondering about switching to the droid 2 but i want to root and put on roms and what not but how is the droid how does it compare to the original droid is really better the the original or is mine better then the droid 2 and is the droid 2 a beast when its rooted and has custom roms on it and can you overclock the droid 2 yet or is the bootloader still locked

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can overclock. I can clock to 1.42ghz stable and do so occasionally. There isn't a huge selection of d2 roms but more are coming all the time.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What voltage are you using Spaz?
I'm still more sold on the D1 as far as flashing ROMs and such go...just my opinion.

You can overclock. I can clock to 1.42ghz stable and do so occasionally. There isn't a huge selection of d2 roms but more are coming all the time.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The droid 1 will always be more superior when it comes to roms for sure.

As for voltages I use ulv up to 1.2ghz and lv anything above that. And usually i'll go advanced and drop the voltages a little more.

tappin and a talkin

JohnnyJupiter

Reaction score
Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this: My 3rd Droid X is broken, going back to the vendor. I'm considering an X2, just want to get user experience from those who have an X2. I'm planning to use it stock, so I don't think ROM availability is a big issue with me...but what the hell do I know? :biggrin:

Is an X2 exactly like an X, except faster processor and higher screen resolution? Are there any other differences I'm missing? Thanks!