Droid 2 vs droid 1

timmy113

Reaction score
So I'm up for my 1 year upgrade. Is the droid 2 a good upgrade from droid 1 or should I look elsewhere. Also looking for something cheap. Anybody know of any good deals out there.

sent from timmy's droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I'm up for my 1 year upgrade. Is the droid 2 a good upgrade from droid 1 or should I look elsewhere. Also looking for something cheap. Anybody know of any good deals out there.

sent from timmy's droid

It's a good upgrade in the sense that it has a faster processor and I feel a better camera. But it's not as flexible as the D1 due to the locked bootloader.

If I were you I'd hold off on getting an upgrade right now. Some new phones are going to be coming out that are 4G capable. If you look in the General Forum you'll see a lot of talk about the Droid Bionic. No idea when it's coming or the cost though.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tim, the Droid 2 is a good upgrade if you are determined to stick with a physical keyboard. Just be aware that a lot of really great phones are coming out in the next 1-3 months. Phone that will, in all likelihood, blow the doors off the Droid 2.

All that being said though, if you are looking for bargains I would expect there to be some spectacular deals on Droid 2, Droid X, Droid Inc., etc. coming in the next 1-3 months. The new phones are going to dominate the market and Verizon will want to clear the older ones out.

Good luck.

OP
T

timmy113

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that thread. Googled the bionic and it seems pretty cool. Probably a good idea to wait. My d1 isn't that bad. Will verizon replace a d1 if its screwey and you weren't the original owner. I got mine from friend

sent from timmy's droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that thread. Googled the bionic and it seems pretty cool. Probably a good idea to wait. My d1 isn't that bad. Will verizon replace a d1 if its screwey and you weren't the original owner. I got mine from friend

sent from timmy's droid

Depends on when he bought it. It comes with a 1 year warranty. If it's over a year old then you're out of luck. What's wrong with it?

OP
T

timmy113

Reaction score
I was looking at phones and think I want the incredible. Anybody know if best buy does 1 year upgrades. They have incredible for free. I like that it does mobile broadband.
sent from timmy's droid

deputc26

Reaction score
The prob with the Inc is battery life, better off with a droid x or an overclocked Droid 1. Really you probably want to wait for the dual core phones or get a droid x.