Droid 2 System Dump Apps

Sidewindar

Reaction score
So I got a copy of the Droid 2 system dump and I was trying to install the specifically the camera app from the Droid 2. It starts but then says application not installed. Any idea how I could get this to work or has anyone been successful in getting the camera app from the Droid 2 to work on the Droid 1?

Thanks

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are trying to install it by simply pressing install, that will not work, you would have to use either ADB, Terminal Emulator, or push it in the system with an update.zip

I would be surprised if it worked after you got it to install, I also have the system dump and not a lot was compatable, although I didn't try the camera.apk

OP
S

Sidewindar

Reaction score
If you are trying to install it by simply pressing install, that will not work, you would have to use either ADB, Terminal Emulator, or push it in the system with an update.zip

I would be surprised if it worked after you got it to install, I also have the system dump and not a lot was compatable, although I didn't try the camera.apk

Do I need to be rooted to use ADB or Terminal Emulator?

and for the update.zip Im sure its more difficult then just putting the app in a folder called update and then zipping in?

backitude

Reaction score
Can anyone out there still using a DROID 2 provide a dump of the system/app folder. I am trying to fix my friend's phone who still has a couple months left on his contract.

If a zip of the entire dump is not possible, more specifically, I need the apks and odex for:
friendfeed
blur.home.status
messaging.engine
SocialMessaging
blur.socialshare

Thanks in advance