Droid 2 stuck at bootloader, sbf flash doesnt work HELP!

jrichardson

Reaction score
Hey,
I have a Droid 2 that I can't seem to get the OS flashed back onto it. at first it gave the 'batt Low' msg then I got a charger and then 'batt ok ok to program'
I have tried in RsdLite and ubuntu sbf_flash to get every relevant .sbf file to work and so far have gotten nothing except back at the bootloader. I also tried loading the sbf's onto the sd card and it gives me a 'signature verification failed' here are the sbfs i have tried:

<<VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf>> the only one that appears to flash correctly yet fails and gives a 'failed to swutch to BP passthrough mode' or similar error.

<<SHADO_X6_2.3.13_SYSTEM-ONLY.sbf>> Fails, gives critcal error FEBE 0047

<<DROID2_X6_2.2.20_SHADOW_BP_C_01.09.05P_P2_USERBLD_SECURE.sbf>>
gives:
ERR: A5,70,70,00,1F
MEM_MAP BLANK
SERVICE REQ'D

any thoughts, suggestions?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:welcome:

I don't know much about the A955 Droid 2, but I do know that loading the .sbf files to your sdcard is pointless. And not only that, but the second two are NOT for your phone model. So to sum up, as you already should know from your post, if the .sbf file is not for your phone model and your phone model only do NOT try to use it. Unless you just want to potentially turn your phone into a paperweight.

Sorry I had no real solution for you and good luck

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with a full battery use the sbf from here:

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

and follow this video...ignore the part about the patch and just follow the steps after booting into the bootloader which is power on + physical up button.

[video=youtube;CIdtdYqbasw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIdtdYqbasw]YouTube - Reverting Back to Stock 2.1 on the Droid X PT1[/video]

[video=youtube;H62KLc4kKN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62KLc4kKN0]YouTube - Reverting Back to Stock 2.1 on the Droid X PT2[/video]

I know the video shows a droid x but the device is the same and the steps are the same except you will use a different file and how you get into the bootloader.

Afterwards when it tell you to wipe you do so by powering on and hold x and hit the search button on the physical keyboard.

OP
J

jrichardson

Reaction score
When powering the device on hold the 'x' key and wait for the ! android symbol , then hit the magnifying glass search key and it will take you to the recovery console. I am droid exactly what is presented in that video but when i goto 'wipe data/factory reset' i doesn't load anything.....goes to the 'reboot system' option......and then back to the 'OK to Program' :(

mattv111

Reaction score
When powering the device on hold the 'x' key and wait for the ! android symbol , then hit the magnifying glass search key and it will take you to the recovery console. I am droid exactly what is presented in that video but when i goto 'wipe data/factory reset' i doesn't load anything.....goes to the 'reboot system' option......and then back to the 'OK to Program' :(

that's def not how you get to the bootloader. That's how you get to recovery mode

OP
J

jrichardson

Reaction score
Yeah, I got them mixed up.

This is the error message Rsdlite is giving me when I flash <VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf>.

07:25:42, January 04, 2011
Line: 527
ERROR: AP Die ID: 1a00011648a45d010000f8ff0100

Line: 534
ERROR: BP Die ID: 0000000000000000d56532890485

Line: 541
ERROR: AP Public ID: 36b3b02d8266e31ee9c7d5d7a3832ff706661eda

Line: 548
ERROR: BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff0000f5113289

07:33:01, January 04, 2011
Line: 1836
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashOp.cpp
Device ID: 0

07:33:11, January 04, 2011
Line: 719
ERROR: Phone[0000]: The "Motorola_Flash" Interface could not be found.

The super-file is not secure and for re-flash;

the phone needs a super-file that is not secure and for reflash.
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\MIFlash.cpp

07:33:11, January 04, 2011
Line: 597
ERROR: Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (Error Code: be),
Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=No Direction, Command Value=0, Code Group Number=257
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp

Can anyone make sense of this? I'm thinking at this point the unit has an issue with the logicboard that won't allow the rom to load. I would love it if someone could suggest something more.

sikbrik

Reaction score
Did you ever get this to work? I've SBF'd about 20 times previously but I'm getting the same set of errors this time. :icon_evil: I'll check back if I get it working. Curious to know if someone else already figured it out, though.

To sum it up:

-SBF file is correct one from TBH
-RSD Lite 4.8 on Windows 7 (not the issue - fails from command line with admin rights, as well)
-flash fails immediately

OP
J

jrichardson

Reaction score
I am assuming that my board has a bad NVRAM, and the flashing doesn't stick due to this. Are you sure you have the updated drivers installed and the .ini patch? look at the error log and see what it says.

sikbrik

Reaction score
Got mine working again this afternoon. First tried flashing bootloader sbf...that downgraded the bootloader version. Still no joy, but new errors. Then had to uninstall all moto drivers, motoconnect, motorola devices from device manager, and rsdlite. Reinstalled drivers and rsdlite and then it worked. Yay!

Hope this helps someone else someday but my issue might have been a one-off flukey thing.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Actually, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers are a troubleshooting thing for RSD Lite. Normally, though, RSD Lite just won't install anything rather than erroring out. :) Glad you got it working!

sikbrik

Reaction score
ya, i agree...I think the key for me was reflashing the older bootloader.dancedroid

The RSD lite issue was secondary to that.

jmillsak

Reaction score
Milestone A853 stuck in bootloader 2c.6c

I am having simular issues.

Wifes battery died, she turned it on went to bootloader.. i cut a usb put it on the terminals to charge.

Phone had CM6, with CW Recovery.

I cannot get out of the bootloader, could not get into recovery either. I used RSD to install SPRecovery, that worked fine, so i went into spr and tried to do a nandroid restore, it fails, tried to install a rom says E: no tar data er something.

So I downloaded VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE_01.sbf
gets to 99% then Fails: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode.

I am downloading Droid-2.1-Flash.sbf from XDA..im going to try that.

Please Help! My wife is blaming me cuz i rooted her phone and put CyanogenMod on it. It has been running perfectly fine since CM6.1.1 stable release.

Picodroid

Reaction score
I couldn't get it to switch to BP Pass through mode to save my life on any Windows 7 computer. This is what I did that finally got through that:
Windows XP 32bit
Motorola 4.7.1 drivers
RSD Lite 4.9
Droid 2 SBF file

Basically make sure you do it on a Windows XP with the proper 32 or 64-bit Motorola drivers installed, and the newest versions of software/drivers installed.
Got through it fine... although it said passed, the phone still wouldn't make it past the bootloader for me. But, you may have better luck than me beyond that.