Droid 2 stuck at bootloader, sbf flash doesnt work HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jrichardson, Dec 14, 2010.

1. jrichardson

jrichardson New Member

Hey,
    I have a Droid 2 that I can't seem to get the OS flashed back onto it. at first it gave the 'batt Low' msg then I got a charger and then 'batt ok ok to program'
    I have tried in RsdLite and ubuntu sbf_flash to get every relevant .sbf file to work and so far have gotten nothing except back at the bootloader. I also tried loading the sbf's onto the sd card and it gives me a 'signature verification failed' here are the sbfs i have tried:

<<VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf>> the only one that appears to flash correctly yet fails and gives a 'failed to swutch to BP passthrough mode' or similar error.

<<SHADO_X6_2.3.13_SYSTEM-ONLY.sbf>> Fails, gives critcal error FEBE 0047

<<DROID2_X6_2.2.20_SHADOW_BP_C_01.09.05P_P2_USERBLD_SECURE.sbf>>
    gives:
    ERR: A5,70,70,00,1F
    MEM_MAP BLANK
    SERVICE REQ'D

any thoughts, suggestions?
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

:welcome:

I don't know much about the A955 Droid 2, but I do know that loading the .sbf files to your sdcard is pointless. And not only that, but the second two are NOT for your phone model. So to sum up, as you already should know from your post, if the .sbf file is not for your phone model and your phone model only do NOT try to use it. Unless you just want to potentially turn your phone into a paperweight.

Sorry I had no real solution for you and good luck
  3. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

with a full battery use the sbf from here:

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

and follow this video...ignore the part about the patch and just follow the steps after booting into the bootloader which is power on + physical up button.

I know the video shows a droid x but the device is the same and the steps are the same except you will use a different file and how you get into the bootloader.

Afterwards when it tell you to wipe you do so by powering on and hold x and hit the search button on the physical keyboard.
  4. pfilly

pfilly New Member

So how do you get into the bootloader?
  5. jrichardson

jrichardson New Member

When powering the device on hold the 'x' key and wait for the ! android symbol , then hit the magnifying glass search key and it will take you to the recovery console. I am droid exactly what is presented in that video but when i goto 'wipe data/factory reset' i doesn't load anything.....goes to the 'reboot system' option......and then back to the 'OK to Program' :(
  6. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

7. mattv111

mattv111 New Member

that's def not how you get to the bootloader. That's how you get to recovery mode
  8. jrichardson

jrichardson New Member

Yeah, I got them mixed up.

This is the error message Rsdlite is giving me when I flash <VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf>.

07:25:42, January 04, 2011
    Line: 527
    ERROR: AP Die ID: 1a00011648a45d010000f8ff0100

Line: 534
    ERROR: BP Die ID: 0000000000000000d56532890485

Line: 541
    ERROR: AP Public ID: 36b3b02d8266e31ee9c7d5d7a3832ff706661eda

Line: 548
    ERROR: BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff0000f5113289

07:33:01, January 04, 2011
    Line: 1836
    ERROR: Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode
    File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashOp.cpp
    Device ID: 0

07:33:11, January 04, 2011
    Line: 719
    ERROR: Phone[0000]: The "Motorola_Flash" Interface could not be found.

The super-file is not secure and for re-flash;

the phone needs a super-file that is not secure and for reflash.
    File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\MIFlash.cpp

07:33:11, January 04, 2011
    Line: 597
    ERROR: Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode (Error Code: be),
    Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=No Direction, Command Value=0, Code Group Number=257
    File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp

Can anyone make sense of this? I'm thinking at this point the unit has an issue with the logicboard that won't allow the rom to load. I would love it if someone could suggest something more.
  9. sikbrik

sikbrik New Member

Did you ever get this to work? I've SBF'd about 20 times previously but I'm getting the same set of errors this time. :icon_evil: I'll check back if I get it working. Curious to know if someone else already figured it out, though.

To sum it up:

-SBF file is correct one from TBH
    -RSD Lite 4.8 on Windows 7 (not the issue - fails from command line with admin rights, as well)
    -flash fails immediately
  10. jrichardson

jrichardson New Member

I am assuming that my board has a bad NVRAM, and the flashing doesn't stick due to this. Are you sure you have the updated drivers installed and the .ini patch? look at the error log and see what it says.
  11. sikbrik

sikbrik New Member

Got mine working again this afternoon. First tried flashing bootloader sbf...that downgraded the bootloader version. Still no joy, but new errors. Then had to uninstall all moto drivers, motoconnect, motorola devices from device manager, and rsdlite. Reinstalled drivers and rsdlite and then it worked. Yay!

Hope this helps someone else someday but my issue might have been a one-off flukey thing.
  12. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Actually, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers are a troubleshooting thing for RSD Lite. Normally, though, RSD Lite just won't install anything rather than erroring out. :) Glad you got it working!
  13. sikbrik

sikbrik New Member

ya, i agree...I think the key for me was reflashing the older bootloader.dancedroid

The RSD lite issue was secondary to that.
  14. jmillsak

jmillsak New Member

Milestone A853 stuck in bootloader 2c.6c

I am having simular issues.

Wifes battery died, she turned it on went to bootloader.. i cut a usb put it on the terminals to charge.

Phone had CM6, with CW Recovery.

I cannot get out of the bootloader, could not get into recovery either. I used RSD to install SPRecovery, that worked fine, so i went into spr and tried to do a nandroid restore, it fails, tried to install a rom says E: no tar data er something.

So I downloaded VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE_01.sbf
    gets to 99% then Fails: Error switching phone to BP Pass through mode.

I am downloading Droid-2.1-Flash.sbf from XDA..im going to try that.

Please Help! My wife is blaming me cuz i rooted her phone and put CyanogenMod on it. It has been running perfectly fine since CM6.1.1 stable release.
  15. Picodroid

Picodroid New Member

I couldn't get it to switch to BP Pass through mode to save my life on any Windows 7 computer. This is what I did that finally got through that:
    Windows XP 32bit
    Motorola 4.7.1 drivers
    RSD Lite 4.9
    Droid 2 SBF file

Basically make sure you do it on a Windows XP with the proper 32 or 64-bit Motorola drivers installed, and the newest versions of software/drivers installed.
    Got through it fine... although it said passed, the phone still wouldn't make it past the bootloader for me. But, you may have better luck than me beyond that.
  16. likebandits

likebandits New Member

So it's safe to say anyone who is stuck in this process has bricked their phone .. including me.. sighhhhhhh :'(
  17. dbohnwagner

dbohnwagner New Member

I thought mine was bricked, tried everything above, nothing worked. Finally in a desparate effort booted to recovery mode, reset to factory. I lost my settings and some apps, but it wasn't a brick.
  18. greeenie

greeenie New Member

think i just bricked my wifes phone. stuck in bootloop, on google screen actually. tried to load apex 2.0 onto a froyo base.... yea yea, im a tard, but i really really need help. have attempted sbf and to no avail. used rsdlite with appropriate sbf files, with patch and im so stuck, all it does is fail every time i try to do anything. any help would be greatly appreciated
  19. dbohnwagner

dbohnwagner New Member

I got force-fed Gingerbread by Verizon last weekend, It worked great most of the day (EXCEPT for wireless tether) until the battery died. As soon as I installed the spare battery, it started bootlooping on me. I researched it and it appears that I did the same things you have tried. I tried countless SBF files, all either failed or said they were successful but the bootloop continued. After about 5 hours of this, I found a blog that said there was an issue going from a rooted Froyo directly to Gingerbread OTA and suggested that the only way to recover from this was to restore the phone to factory settings, then install Gingerbread and my apps, then root the Gingerbread install. I booted to recovery mode, restored the phone to factory, let Google recover (Most of) my apps and contacts, then upgraded to Gingerbread without issue. I waited 24 hours to ensure I had no other lingering issues, rooted the Gingerbread install and then my root apps. I'm not sure what phone you have but this was the only way out that I could find, I hope it helps you.

These are the steps to boot your Droid 2 phone into Recovery Mode should you need to.

Perform a hard reset on your Verizon Motorola Droid 2 if you wish to wipe all the data from the device.
    [h=3]From device startup[/h]1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.
    2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the X button downuntil a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark appears.
    3. Press the Search key on the keyboard (magnifying glass).
    4. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the side of the phone to select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Camera key to confirm it.
    5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.
    6. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.

Here is the link to where I found the instructions to Hard Reset the phone:

Droid 2: Hard Reset | Technipages

There are similar links on the bottom for other phones, if you do not have a Droid 2.

Good Luck.
  20. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

You must SBF, especially after installing a GB ROM on a Froyo kernel.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat
Search tags for this page
bootloader file for motrorola droid2

critical error febe 0047

droid 2 and stuck in bootloader
droid 2 bootloader
droid 2 bootloader error
droid 2 critical error febe 0047
droid 2 stuck at bootloader

droid 2 stuck in bootloader

droid 2 stuck on bootloader

febe 0047 critical error