Droid 2 Global Wallpaper question

dbbydk

Reaction score
Hey all-

I have an Incredible, my dad just got the D2G yesterday. The wallpaper is pretty industrial looking for him, and he likes some of my preloaded gallery pictures, like the beach pic. I texted the pic to him, but his phone won't let me save it so I can make it his wallpaper. I know he can just go to the market, but he doesn't have the patience to look thru the wallpaper apps to find one.

Does anyone know how I can send him nature pictures from my phone, to use as wallpaper on his phone?

Thanks.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you send it to him and its in his inbox, longpress the image and a menu will pop up. One of the options will be to save the picture. After you save it, find it in his gallery and hit the menu button and one of the options therein will be to set as a wallpaper.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

dbbydk

Reaction score
And I can do this via text? Is this the same thing I would do if I emailed a picture to myself that I wanted to save in my phone's gallery?

OP
D

dbbydk

Reaction score
Thank you.

Does the D2G have "scenes" like my Incredible does? It gave me good ideas for what widgets to have, and I think it would help him too, but I couldn't find anything like it on his phone.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've only used an Inc once for about ten minutes so I'm not quite sure what the scenes are but if you could explain it a little I couldn't probably help

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

dbbydk

Reaction score
I don't know the technical jargon, but scenes are like presets for widgets and apps on each screen. For my Inc there is a Verizon scene, an HTC scene, a social scene, work, play, travel and clean slate. The social scene puts your favorite people, social networking widgets, etc. The travel scene has multiple clocks, maps, and the gallery. I did the social scene, because I liked that the favorite people was long and narrow, rather than taking up half a screen, then deleted things I don't use, like Twitter.

Any idea if there is something like that for the D2G?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not really. At least not that I know of. It does however have "profiles" iirc. They will allow him to have his phone set up several different ways. Ie he could have one profile for work one for home and one for the weekend. Not the same thing at all really now that I think about it...

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

dbbydk

Reaction score
Do the profiles have preloaded apps and widgets associated with them, or are they just blank canvasses for you to fill up?

You're smart!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Afaik which isn't much considering I have yet to use the d2g I think they are just blank canvases.

tappin and a talkin