Droid 2 Global on Roshan

LOLDSFAN

Reaction score
Hi, so my dad was sent to Afghanistan a few weeks ago, and they gave them these cheap phones that work on the Roshan network. He would like to have a better phone, so we figured we would get him a Verizon phone so he could use it there, then use it here when he comes back.

Now the question is. Would the Droid 2 Global be able to work on a Roshan Sim Card? I asked Verizon directly, but they said no. Then I do these Google searches and some say yes.

I just need a definite answer.

Thanks for the help.

phalstead

Reaction score
When I was there, people had all sorts of phones on the Roshan network. I don't see why it wouldnt work. You'd have to get an unlock code from Verizon so it could be activated with a Roshan sim. Did they detail why it wouldn't work?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
L

LOLDSFAN

Reaction score
No they didn't go into detail, they just said it wouldn't. I probably should have dug deeper :/

But yeah I would probably be getting an unlocked one from ebay so I shouldn't have to worry about the code I think.

aDroidman

Reaction score
it should work. Verizon says no because they want you to pay them. The D2G can be unlocked and I know that most sim cards will work with it. If it does not work im sure you can post in the forums and someone can help you trouble shoot it and try and make it work.

flipdrew

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global that I am currently running on the Roshan network in Afghanistan. The only catch is (and this is important) you have to have the Verizon store call in and get the unlock code in order for the Roshan SIM card to work. They do it for free, but you have to tell them to do it because most of them don't even know it's an option. The Roshan SIM won't work in Verizon's phone without the unlock code because they want you to buy a global plan so they can charge you $3/min to call the guy in the next room. It IS possible and they CAN unlock it. If thy say that they can't, ask someone else until you find someone that knows what they're talking about.

islandak

Reaction score
Also, you need to do the unlock while in the USA. As far as I understand, once you are out of the country you can't get an unlock code. I have had two D2Gs sim unlocked.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you're in the USA or not. The unlock code does not require you to be on Verizon's network or any other network at all; it can be entered into a phone running in Airplane mode just as well.