droid 2 global battery drain when tethering

carfreek24

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a known. Issue with the droid2 global from verizon with it tethering and when you tether it the battery drains when connected on the usb charger if anyone else has that issue and if there is anyway to solve this issue I would appreciate it

wildbill86

Reaction score
Tethering uses a fair amount of power, try a wall charger instead. Works for me.

Sent from my rooted D2G

OP
C

carfreek24

Reaction score
I have only had the problem with the droid 2 global that. I have now I haven't had a problem with any other droid I have had so I didn't know if it was just the droid 2 global that did it

wildbill86

Reaction score
It might just be that, I have noticed I don't get very good battery life on mine, and read it is a big problem, thinking of romming this weekend to see if that helps.

Sent from my rooted D2G

OP
C

carfreek24

Reaction score
Ya I've heard that going into rooting helps it but idk how to do that and I don't want to do it and mess something up

wildbill86

Reaction score
Rooting is very easy on the d2g, simple one click app, z4root. These are really very hard to brick from what I have read. I have already downloaded the programs and returned my phone back to stock once, not encouraging you because in can be nerve wrecking, but its not that bad.

Sent from my rooted D2G