Droid 2 data usage

check423

Reaction score
I just received a letter from verizon stating that I used over the 5g limit 2 months in a row . They said that my speeds will be decreased because of this. Im rooted and running the gb leak. I use wifi at home and work. Any ideas of how im using so much data?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dnyor93

Reaction score
Thought their data packages were unlimited? .. wtf? its not At&t .. and when you're not at home you probably have background apps running that require the 3G

Khiraji

Reaction score
IIRC, VZW's "unlimited" data plan has always been soft-capped at around 5GB.

Furthermore, that's a lot of data to pull through a phone. My guess is you have several apps running constantly in the background that are constantly sucking bandwidth. The paid version of 3G Watchdog (apparently) does per-app data usage monitoring, but there are probably free options out there as well.

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Furthermore, that's a lot of data to pull through a phone. My guess is you have several apps running constantly in the background that are constantly sucking bandwidth. The paid version of 3G Watchdog (apparently) does per-app data usage monitoring, but there are probably free options out there as well.

As someone who routinely used more than 8gbs of data, this is false.

Sent from my Droid Bionic

Khiraji

Reaction score

:icon_eek: 8GB? Dang, false indeed. I guess I'm used to being surrounded by WiFi so I never run up my 3G numbers too much...

kingsway8605

Reaction score

:icon_eek: 8GB? Dang, false indeed. I guess I'm used to being surrounded by WiFi so I never run up my 3G numbers too much...

I don't tether either. All through the phone. If verizon sent me a letter like that I would be cancelling my contract that day and switching to Sprint.

OP
C

check423

Reaction score
The only hi data app I used in those 2 months was netflix. My bill just ended this month and I used 2 gigs so maybe they will stay off my back.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

inlarry

Reaction score
Do you have the old unlimited package, or the new limited package? I've routinely used 20GB per month with no issue...through my laptop and tethering to watch tv/movies at work. They've never given me issues, unless this is something new resulting from their redoing their data packages, or they *think* you're tethering and not paying for it (like me, shh).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums