Droid 1 to the Droid X

Reaction score
I got my droid X for christmas!
And i was wondering how many different apps can i get now that i couldnt get before if any?

dispatch1054

Reaction score
And i was wondering how many different apps can i get now that i couldnt get before if any?

Congratulations on the DX! You'll love it :). Im not sure about apps that are exclusive to the X, but I can tell you that the ones that you had on the Droid 1 will run better (although if you were rooted that might not be as true). You can also hold many, many more as you've probably noticed. 8 GB is awesome!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Lucky...I had to pay full retail for mine or rock the droid 1 for another year.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
paperdoll11789
Reaction score

Congratulations on the DX! You'll love it :). Im not sure about apps that are exclusive to the X, but I can tell you that the ones that you had on the Droid 1 will run better (although if you were rooted that might not be as true). You can also hold many, many more as you've probably noticed. 8 GB is awesome!

i do love it! not only is it faster but i love how much lighter it is :)

Zecpull

Reaction score
I thought it would be Huge.. as I have been using my Droid 1 since last November.. and it feels great in my hand.. the bigger screen and more Ram..is great. I dont like the fact that they have so much Bloat ware on it. It seems so Cluttered, I would root it like my Droid..but not sure .. since Gingerbread may be coming soon..

doobie711

Reaction score
whaaaaAA? not rooting because gingerbread is coming out? you should root because gingerbread is coming out. i came off my incredible that was running gingerbread fairly smoothly and now i'm disappointed that the best the x can do now is gingerbread themes. root it duh. i took almost every VZW apk off mine. then overclocked it. it's an easy decision.

OP
paperdoll11789
Reaction score
i would root mine like i did my org. droid, but i have a mac and it was just a pain asking everyone if i could use their computer just to do it or undo it. but i have to say i am loving how my phone runs at the moment i may get bored with it and root, if there is a easier way

Jordan8

Reaction score
You don't need a computer to root, or install a rom. You can use z4root app for a one click rooting method.

xliderider

Reaction score
+1 on using Z4 Root to root your X. Snag the apk from xda forums, put the apk file on your sd card, install using Astro File Manager, open Z4 Root app and select Permanent Root. Done. :)