Droid 1 replacement shipping from Memphis?

Xerozix

Reaction score
Eh I guess I'm lucky.

My phone was a certified Like New, but it's completely FLAWLESS (knock on wood)

NO scratches, NO dust behind the screen, NO USB being loose, NO stupid keyboard, BETTER OCs, except

My stupid slider is dumb. Once it's out, if I don't push it back in from the center of the side, it won't budge.

xmguy

Reaction score
Eh I guess I'm lucky.

NO scratches, NO dust behind the screen, NO USB being loose, NO stupid keyboard, BETTER OCs, except

My stupid slider is dumb. Once it's out, if I don't push it back in from the center of the side, it won't budge.

That's the way it's made. It's metal on metal. So it will bind if you push on it anywhere but in the middle.

Xerozix

Reaction score
Eh I guess I'm lucky.

That's the way it's made. It's metal on metal. So it will bind if you push on it anywhere but in the middle.

My last phone was not like that at all.

xmguy

Reaction score
Eh I guess I'm lucky.

My last phone was not like that at all.

Hmm. My NEW Droid was like that and my CLNjR is too.

Tango13va

Reaction score
the guys that got upgraded to the droid 2 did u guys call vzw or insurance to get the upgrade? because my keyboard is bumpy and peeling up nd i dont want a refurb i wanna get the new one...

Xerozix

Reaction score
Tango, you need to have had a history of problems, and be connected to a rep that cares.

Don't go in asking for an upgrade to a Droid 2 lmao

@xmguy:

When did you get your Droid? (Originally)

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score
hmm, I think I'm going to call and complain about the brand new droid even if there are no problems. I'd like to see if they offer me a d2 :) :) :)

xmguy

Reaction score
Tango, you need to have had a history of problems, and be connected to a rep that cares.

Don't go in asking for an upgrade to a Droid 2 lmao

@xmguy:

When did you get your Droid? (Originally)

Can't remember. date code is: MOT7850305/25/2010

Detonation

Reaction score
hmm, I think I'm going to call and complain about the brand new droid even if there are no problems. I'd like to see if they offer me a d2 :) :) :)

Verizon doesn't have anymore new Droid 1s. So either that rep gave you the run around telling you you're getting a new Droid, or you're already getting a Droid 2.

Looks like this thread is turning into another "make up problems with my phone until I get a free upgrade from Verizon" discussion.

Firesong3k

Reaction score

Verizon doesn't have anymore new Droid 1s. So either that rep gave you the run around telling you you're getting a new Droid, or you're already getting a Droid 2.

Looks like this thread is turning into another "make up problems with my phone until I get a free upgrade from Verizon" discussion.

Did you expect anything else? I can't believe people are still on that kick!! Vzw is not stupid, they know the game and they are gonna make you play it. The combined hours of being on the phone with them and days for shipping, is it really worth it? Getting all bent out of shape about problems you don't have seems kinda pointless. That D2 your fighting tooth and nail for is going to be obsolete in 6 months!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

_Killer_

Reaction score

Eh, some problems are legit.. I def don't think anyone needs to complain if they aren't having problems..

I had my new phone replaced.. called in monday, had it by tuesday.. SLIDER WAS AWFUL... Called, they shipped another certified like new, got it yesterday... this one is in much better shape... BUT IS NOT LIKE NEW.. keyboard feels idk.. different some how, like the buttons aren't as stiff... PLUS it vibrates weird.. sounds like something is loose inside.. i don't really want to ask for an upgrade.. But my phone is only a couple months old and had the volume/camera keys not went wack.. i would have been completely happy keeping it and not thinking about any kind of upgrade..

I understand they cant just give out new phones to everyone who's doing a warranty.. i mean essentially you're returning a USED phone to them.. BUT i think there should be some sort of time frame with warranties.. like as long as ur phone is in like new condition and x amount of months old they should offer you a new phone before a refurb. I HATE that vzw is taking techs out of stores.. because instead of auto shipping a refurb to every customer.. THE TECHS could be the middle man/woman to say "this phone is in great shape.. and oh, you've only had it two months"

eggsped

Reaction score
I expect a phone that is in as good or better physical and operational shape than the one being replaced. As a long time purchaser of refurbished items I tend to expect them to be as new when received otherwise call them what they truly are, used or scratch and dent.

In my case my "Certified Like New" phone is on its way back to VZ and I'm keeping my original phone. I have until 11/6 before my warranty expires and I hope that if whatever on my phone took a vacation over the weekend decides to go again it will do so prior to my warranty expiring.

I can say for certain that I would not have accepted the phone sent to me if mine still wasn't working.

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score

The rep told me that they "have a few left"
And I only said I wanted a d2 because why the hell not. Its an upgrade and its free. The worst they can do is say no.

Also the "new" droid 1 he is shipping is from Ontario, CA

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score

Eh, some problems are legit.. I def don't think anyone needs to complain if they aren't having problems..

I had my new phone replaced.. called in monday, had it by tuesday.. SLIDER WAS AWFUL... Called, they shipped another certified like new, got it yesterday... this one is in much better shape... BUT IS NOT LIKE NEW.. keyboard feels idk.. different some how, like the buttons aren't as stiff... PLUS it vibrates weird.. sounds like something is loose inside.. i don't really want to ask for an upgrade.. But my phone is only a couple months old and had the volume/camera keys not went wack.. i would have been completely happy keeping it and not thinking about any kind of upgrade..

I understand they cant just give out new phones to everyone who's doing a warranty.. i mean essentially you're returning a USED phone to them.. BUT i think there should be some sort of time frame with warranties.. like as long as ur phone is in like new condition and x amount of months old they should offer you a new phone before a refurb. I HATE that vzw is taking techs out of stores.. because instead of auto shipping a refurb to every customer.. THE TECHS could be the middle man/woman to say "this phone is in great shape.. and oh, you've only had it two months"

At T-Mobile you're able to get a new device for free after 3 devices in a 3 month period.
Verizon should adopt a plan like that.

Detonation

Reaction score

The rep told me that they "have a few left"
And I only said I wanted a d2 because why the hell not. Its an upgrade and its free. The worst they can do is say no.

Also the "new" droid 1 he is shipping is from Ontario, CA

If that's your attitude, why don't you just go to a store and steal a new phone off the shelf? Its an upgrade and its free.