Replacement for Droid 1

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by PearlMikeJam, Nov 4, 2010.

1. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam New Member

My Droid 1 is nearly a year old and I have a couple of minor issues that I want to get addressed before the warranty runs out. Most notably, the new 32GB micro SD card causes lag in the phone and reboots. This is my third card, I have formatted it several ways and tested in other phones, so I know the card is not the issue.

That being said, I have read that Droid 1s are being replaced by refurbished Droid 1s or Droid 2s. Can anyone confirm this? I am not crazy about getting a refurb, nor do I know if I want a Droid 2. I would probably lean towards a Droid 2 rather than an old Droid 1, but I like the stripped down nature of the Droid 1.

What have others experienced recently when replacing a defective phone?
  2. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

You will most likely receive a refurb. droid 1 if you have a hardware issue with your phone. That's what I received a month ago when my wifes phone had issues.
  3. Rixx

Rixx New Member

Droid 1

They are sending out refurbed D1's......got one less 2 weeks ago.

It's not right......having problems with it also.
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

I'm on my 2nd D1 refurb (3rd device).

First collected dust under the screen about 2-3 months into it's life....

First refurb (second device) everything was fine, until the speaker (earpiece and device) had garbled call audio. Few months of use.

Second refurb (third device) as is going well.

I've never like the idea of a refurb but they've always come to me in mint condition and no immediate issues.
  5. johnzenobia

johnzenobia New Member

refurbed droid 1 and had to go through 3 of them before one that was acceptable. It seems as the units that came from texas were all bad and the last one came out of Tenn. Not sure if there is actually a difference with the shipping warehouse?
  6. bhughesiii

bhughesiii New Member

I am going on my 3rd refurb which is actually my 5th droid. My first one was swapped out with a brand new one. First I had bad static while on a call. The refurb they sent had a loose slider and I sent it back. The current one I am on has serious lag moving between screens, trying to read email, etc. So when I get home I have another refurb waiting for me. If there is something wrong with this one I am calling support and speaking to a supervisor because 3 funky refurb phones is not acceptable.
  7. bhughesiii

bhughesiii New Member

My first two refurbs were from Tenn. Good luck.
  8. johnzenobia

johnzenobia New Member

good luck with talking to supervisor. Verizon has good customer service but from my experience talking with a sup really doesnt make a difference .Good luck. I wanted to upgrade my Droid 1 to the Fascinate and was 3 weeks early to my upgrade date and they wouldnt do it unless I bought from their website. Best buy had the Fascinate free, I was pissed but what are you going to do?
  9. Rixx

Rixx New Member

You mean a 'swap out' or new phone?

A supervisor worked for me...read my prior post.

Tomorrow is my 1 yr ann w/Verizon, and I can get an update now.

Maybe try it again....
  10. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

you will get a droid 1.

i'm on my 3rd one and finally there's nothing wrong with it. I was hoping to get a different droid though, if something goes wrong with this one, i'm definitely going to try and get a new phone, going back and forth is getting ridiculous