Droid 1 replacement shipping from Memphis?

_Killer_

Reaction score
Verizon doesn't have anymore new Droid 1s. So either that rep gave you the run around telling you you're getting a new Droid, or you're already getting a Droid 2.

Looks like this thread is turning into another "make up problems with my phone until I get a free upgrade from Verizon" discussion.

Eh, some problems are legit.. I def don't think anyone needs to complain if they aren't having problems..

I had my new phone replaced.. called in monday, had it by tuesday.. SLIDER WAS AWFUL... Called, they shipped another certified like new, got it yesterday... this one is in much better shape... BUT IS NOT LIKE NEW.. keyboard feels idk.. different some how, like the buttons aren't as stiff... PLUS it vibrates weird.. sounds like something is loose inside.. i don't really want to ask for an upgrade.. But my phone is only a couple months old and had the volume/camera keys not went wack.. i would have been completely happy keeping it and not thinking about any kind of upgrade..

I understand they cant just give out new phones to everyone who's doing a warranty.. i mean essentially you're returning a USED phone to them.. BUT i think there should be some sort of time frame with warranties.. like as long as ur phone is in like new condition and x amount of months old they should offer you a new phone before a refurb. I HATE that vzw is taking techs out of stores.. because instead of auto shipping a refurb to every customer.. THE TECHS could be the middle man/woman to say "this phone is in great shape.. and oh, you've only had it two months"

At T-Mobile you're able to get a new device for free after 3 devices in a 3 month period.
Verizon should adopt a plan like that.

yeah, with att after two replacements you could switch models.. idk if it was NEW or a refurb though... i can't recall...

Hell, i've had asurion help me out even (when i was with vzw in the past) i had the lg dare.. hated it (but had it insured).. gave it to a friend and i went back to my old phone.. when HAD to do ins claim they sent me the old phone.. so i called worked with them and was like "listen.. i know i chose to go back to my old phone.. but that was because i spent a couple hundred dollars on a phone that i kept having problems with.. they let me switch to the dare cause it was the newest phone in the same price range.. now my old phone broke and you replace it with a phone that i can find new/used for 50 bucks??".. they worked with me and sent me the samsung alias 2 BRAND NEW IN BOX for free..

Detonation

Reaction score
At T-Mobile you're able to get a new device for free after 3 devices in a 3 month period.

If they were to adopt a plan like that, they'd actually have to be more strict and verify your phone was legitimately defective. Right now anyone can call CS, make up something is wrong with their phone, and have a replacement shipped out.

_Killer_

Reaction score
^^ whoa.. that all came out really choppy... sorry i'm at work.. had to keep pausing and coming back..

What happened was I had a samsung sch 7** some windows smart phone.. (i don't remember exactly now).. LOVED IT THOUGH! but it kept freezing.. so i had it replaced... that one was flaky too and one day all my stuff on my mem card was deleted.. so i had it replaced again.. and AGAIN problems.. so vzw let me switch to the dare.. it was the only phone out near the same price... so i got it.. BUT i hated it.. i think i even had to do a replacement with that.. FINALLY i gave up and went back to an old flip phone vx 8500.. maybe?.... that broke then when i filed a claim asurion sent me the 8500 which was like a 3 yr old phone.. BUT they worked with me on it after i called back and sent me the samsung alias 2..

_Killer_

Reaction score

If they were to adopt a plan like that, they'd actually have to be more strict and verify your phone was legitimately defective. Right now anyone can call CS, make up something is wrong with their phone, and have a replacement shipped out.

THEY DO VERIFY! When you send a phone in it goes through inspection.. IF you have done something to void your warranty (water damage.. dropping damage.. whatever) they charge you for the replacement phone.

Tango13va

Reaction score
Tango, you need to have had a history of problems, and be connected to a rep that cares.

Don't go in asking for an upgrade to a Droid 2 lmao

@xmguy:

When did you get your Droid? (Originally)

im not stupid i ben through this plenty of times wen i had my samsung glide it had a faulty screen every single time i never got a new free one after four replacement i jus end up using my friends voyager she didnt use.......they play games with u u jus have to get the right person but i was askin did the person take there phone to verizon or called insurance...i have had my droid since feb. and the keyboard is outta whack but i dont want a refurb droid one i rather get a new one

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score
Verizon doesn't have anymore new Droid 1s. So either that rep gave you the run around telling you you're getting a new Droid, or you're already getting a Droid 2.

Looks like this thread is turning into another "make up problems with my phone until I get a free upgrade from Verizon" discussion.

The rep told me that they "have a few left"
And I only said I wanted a d2 because why the hell not. Its an upgrade and its free. The worst they can do is say no.

Also the "new" droid 1 he is shipping is from Ontario, CA

If that's your attitude, why don't you just go to a store and steal a new phone off the shelf? Its an upgrade and its free.

If thats your attitude, why don't you just stop responding and do something productive?
Thanks, bye.

Detonation

Reaction score

THEY DO VERIFY! When you send a phone in it goes through inspection.. IF you have done something to void your warranty (water damage.. dropping damage.. whatever) they charge you for the replacement phone.

I mean verify the defect you reported. When I received a bad CNLR, I didn't even activate it and asked CS if it would be a problem sending it right back instead of my original phone. The rep said no it doesn't matter what you send back as long as they receive a phone. Of course they'll check the warranty isn't void for whatever reason, but I doubt its worth their time and money to verify your defect, especially with their turnover.

Detonation

Reaction score
The rep told me that they "have a few left"
And I only said I wanted a d2 because why the hell not. Its an upgrade and its free. The worst they can do is say no.

Also the "new" droid 1 he is shipping is from Ontario, CA

If that's your attitude, why don't you just go to a store and steal a new phone off the shelf? Its an upgrade and its free.

If thats your attitude, why don't you just stop responding and do something productive?
Thanks, bye.

Because this community does not look highly upon warranty fraud.

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score

Firesong3k

Reaction score
I'm surprised this thread has stayed open for so long.. I think the initial point was made and has been beaten over and over...

Now your just getting the people who think they 'deserve' free phones again!

_Killer_

Reaction score
I'm not choosing sides or saying it's right or wrong to fraudulently warranty your phone.. I think there is a thin line there..

But I def don't think "This Community" frowns upon it too much.. SOOO many members void their warranty (including myself) by rooting their phones.. THEN with a click of a mouse will post about needing to go back to stock so they can warranty their phone (which I myself have done). I have yet to have someone NOT HELP ME with these types of issues... Luckily, the first time I thought I was in need of a warranty replacement I flashed a stock rom.. and ALL MY PROBLEMS were solved.. SO I stuck with my phone KNOWING it wasn't vzw's problem.. More recently I ran into a button problem flashed stock rom, problem still exist.. replaced the phone under warranty.. Technically I guess that's fraud, BUT I know SOOO many other members have done the same thing..

That being said, I wouldn't just make up a problem just to try to get a new phone, new model, whatever...

OP
gaga

gaga

Reaction score
Does anyone know where brand new droid 1 ship from?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks, bye.

Because this community does not look highly upon warranty fraud.

Gaga, Detonation is correct. We do not support fraud. We value open dialogue and ask that members respect each others opinions.

Mike

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I ordered a replacement Droid for my faulty one I got 2 months back.

I made the order on Saturday, and I received the tracking code today from VZW.

The tracking code shows that it should arrive tomorrow, but the wierd thing is it is coming from Memphis, TN.

On the other threads it shows everyones replacements coming from Texas.

This shipping weight is 1 lb .5 kg and is shipping to Minneapolis.

Does this mean Im getting something other then a droid 1? :)
Many times Certified Like New phones come from a warehouse in Memphis. Usually a phone that is returned goes to Texas. I'm not sure why you think it's unusual?