Droid 1 Lag

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes, there are spaces, and you do need to put them in there. just fyi - these lag/redraw problems are common with both LP and ADW across the board. this fix has worked wonders for me, and many others in the forum!!

also, something else to try, if rooted, is try to disable and enable compcache and see if that makes a difference. for me, disabling compcache makes my phone run smoother.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Some people have this redraw issue more than others it seems. I had it BAD for about 9 months. Stock Launcher was MUCH worse that Launcher Pro for me. Launcher Pro Plus was the same.

Not until I discovered ADW Launcher and clicked "System Persistent" (which keeps the Launcher from being killed but does not allow the actual launcher to rotate--in apps, however, it does) did I fix this problem. On RARE occasion it still does that but I think a Cache Cleaner or a reboot will fix it.

NOTE: If this is not checked off, ADW is as bad as the others. Launcher Pro has memory setting and a similar "Keep in Memory" option. This did not thing for me to help.

Last edited:

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Ignore the Dangerous stuff. Seriously. No explanation even needed. Your phone will not explode. Or Melt. Or Brick.

aDroidman

Reaction score
has anyone found a fix? Ii have tried all types of ROMs and kernels and i still have the same problem. I have used an unrooted droid and it lags but not as bad........What did people do for the Galaxy S phones? theres a lag fix for them and it works!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since you are rooted try this:

$su
#cd /system/sd/dalvik-cache
#rm *
#reboot

or

$su
#cd /cache/dalvik-cache
#rm *
#reboot

The difference -- look for where your dalvik-cache is located.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

deputc26

Reaction score
are you rooted or stock?? if stock, in LP preferences, go into advanced settings, memory usage settings, memory usage preset, and check light or low.

if rooted, use this toggle from samsonite801:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.
This is exactly what I was going to say, +1

donnieworld

Reaction score
Fixed mine

are you rooted or stock?? if stock, in LP preferences, go into advanced settings, memory usage settings, memory usage preset, and check light or low.

if rooted, use this toggle from samsonite801:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

Fixed my droid ... Thanks tons!

greyghost04

Reaction score
The lag on my phone had gotten so bad I was ready to toss the phone. I figured at this point if I rooted the phone and it bricked, I don't care as I've come to hate the way the phone operated. So I rooted it. So many problems were fixed, I have not regretted it for a minute. I'm sure that many of the problems were fixed when I wiped the memory as part of the root. It's like cleaning a computers hard drive by reformatting the drive and starting all over.

Now it's a great phone running at 1.1ghz. It's been a couple of months now and all is still perfect. :icon_ banana: